How to Subscribe to A Podcast on iTunes, Step-By-Step
Subscribing to a podcast is a great way to get hours of entertaining & informative content delivered straight to your device. It’s quick, easy, and best of all, it’s free!
This super friendly step-by-step guide will walk you through how to subscribe to a podcast using several popular podcasting apps (often called “podcatchers”).
I’ll start with iTunes, but if you don’t use iTunes, that’s OK! I will cover other methods of subscribing in future posts.
iTunes is one of the most popular apps for listening to podcasts. It works on Mac and PC computers, as well as Apple devices like iPhones and iPads.
You can download iTunes for free here. After you install and set it up, just follow these instructions:
Step 1: Open up iTunes. If it opens to “My Music”, simply click on “iTunes Store” on the right side of the navigation bar:
iTunes automatically opens to the Music section, so you won’t see podcasts right away. In order to get to Podcasts, you have to click the “…” icon. I’ve highlighted where it is in this image:
Now, from the dropdown menu, select “Podcasts”:
2. Type the name of the podcast you’re looking for (such as “Write Now”) into the Search bar and hit “Return” or “Enter” on your keyboard.
3. Select the podcast you’re looking for by clicking on it:
4. You should now be on the correct page for the podcast you want! To subscribe, simply click the “Subscribe” button beneath the show’s artwork:
5. You’re almost done… All you need to do is confirm your subscription by clicking “Subscribe” again on the little box that pops up:
6. Rejoice! You are now officially subscribed to a podcast. Whenever a new episode of the podcast is released, it will automatically appear in iTunes for you under “My Podcasts”:
Enjoy. If you have any questions or aren’t 100% sure what you’re doing, simply contact me and I’ll help you out. :)
I’ll cover other apps (including ones for Android!) in an upcoming post. Stay tuned!