If you are thinking of writing a book of your very own, it is usually a good idea to start with an E-Book first. This is because it is far easier and more affordable to publish an E-Book than to publish in paperback or hardback form. But despite these many advantages, writing an e-Book can still be a challenge. This is because there are many aspects of the book publishing process to take into account. So before you even think of publishing a book of your very own. Here are 4 Great tips on how to publish your very own E-Book.
1. Identify your target market
Whether you are publishing an e-book or a paperback, knowing your target market is still a very important part of the process. This is because knowing your target market will guide you on how to write and market your book. It will help you write your book because you will know the preferences of your target market. So you can tailor your writing to fit their preferences. The same can be said for the book marketing process. By knowing your target market, you will be able to narrow down the demographic that you will market your book to. So you won’t have to waste valuable time and resources on uninterested markets. All in all, knowing your target market is a must if you want your E-Book to be a success.
2. Create a noteworthy book
After identifying your target market, the next step is to create a noteworthy book. It really needs to be a noteworthy book, because you will need to make an impact with potential readers. And seeing as there are a multitude of other books out there. So the competition will be fierce. Which is why you should approach the book writing process with a strategy. Here are some great tips to creating a noteworthy book.
· Keep away from clichés and overused tropes. Readers could see them a mile away, and can garner you a reputation as a copycat.
· Take time to choose your topic.
· Make your characters as likeable and relatable as possible.
· Have a set writing schedule.
· Take the time to properly format and edit your eBook.
How to write a worth-reading book? - Writers Republic
What makes a book a good read ? This is a typical question that writers would usually put into thought. One thing every…
3. Create an attractive book cover
Aside from creating a truly noteworthy book, yet another important way you can make your book sell is to create a truly attractive book cover. This is because your book cover is one of the first things that your potential readers will see of your book. And although it may sound shallow, your book cover can really affect your book sales. So it is imperative that you create a truly attractive book cover.
· Make sure your book title is visible and clear.
· Use colors that are pleasing to the eyes.
· Use good quality images. Have an illustrator make your images if possible. This will show readers that your book is good quality. If you use stock images, it will make your book look cheap.
· Use images that capture your book’s essence.
4. Convert your book to various formats
Seeing as you are publishing an eBook it is important that you convert it to various formats. Such as converting your book in MOBI file format so that it can be read by an Amazon Kindle or having your eBook formatted in ePub, so that potential readers can buy them through the Apple iBookstore or Kobo. By formatting your book to various formats, you are making it more convenient for potential readers to buy and download your book.
Posts you might also like: