Keeping shared journals with Written Down
Did you know you can collaborate privately with others in a shared journal using Written Down?
You can invite anyone to share journals that are synced privately and securely via your iCloud account. It’s a great way to write together about your memories, to share photos or keep track of just about anything with family, friends and coworkers. You can share things in a more private and intimate way than on social media or a blog. A shared journal in Written Down is better suited to sharing the entries you want to remember and view in context by date, time, location etc. when compared to general note taking apps. The reasons for sharing a private journal are as many and varied as the reasons we have for keeping a private personal journal!
Some ideas for shared journals:
- Family travel journal
- Group photo journal
- Collaborative work journal
- Baby journal you share with your spouse or other family members
- Pregnancy journal shared with your spouse
- Share a personal journal to a few of your friends & family, as a sort of private blog or life feed.
- Keep shared notes on pets or farm animals
Here’s how to share a journal in Written Down:
- Tap on the
...icon for a journal
- Tap the
+ Usericon at top to add a share participant
- Send the invitation link to anyone you want to share with. You can send the invitation link via Messages, email, or any other way you like.
- After the people you invite receive the link, they tap the invite link on their iOS device. Written Down will launch and begin syncing the shared journal
- That’s it. Now you can both create new entries or edit existing entries. Everything will stay synced up!
Originally published at tinkerbuilt.com on March 21, 2018.