Some Interesting Health Facts You Must Know.
1. When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, and they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.
2. The human head is one-quarter of our total length at birth but only one-eighth of our total length by the time we reach adulthood.
3. Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.
4. Blondes have more hair. The average human head has 100,000 hair follicles, each of which is capable of producing 20 individual hairs during a person’s lifetime. Blondes average 146,000 follicles. People with black hair tend to have about 110,000 follicles, those with brown hair have 100,000 follicles. Redheads have the least dense hair, averaging about 86,000 follicles.
5. At the moment of conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell.
6. In a lifetime, the average person produces about 25,000 quarts of saliva, enough to fill two swimming pools.
7. There are about 60,000 miles of blood vessels in the human body.
8. Heart pumps about 2,000 gallons of blood through those vessels every day.
9. Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair.
10. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
11. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.
12. Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
13. The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.
14. One uses 200 muscles to take one step.
15. The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.
16. One gets a new stomach lining every three to four days. If you didn’t, the strong acids your stomach uses to digest food would also digest your stomach.
17. Scientists say the higher your I.Q. The more you dream.
18. Forty-one percent of women apply body and hand moisturizer at least three times a day.
19. The width of your armspan stretched out is the length of your whole body.
20. There are as many hairs per square inch on your body as a chimpanzee. You don’t see all of them because most are too fine and light to be noticed.
21. Women hearts beat faster than men.
22. Three years after a person quits smoking, there chance of having a heart attack is the same as someone who has never smoked before.
23. Scientists have discovered that the longer the ring finger is in boys the less chance they have of having a heart attack.
24. The right lung of a human is larger than the left one. This is because of the space and placement of the heart.
25. In a lifetime, the heart pumps about one million barrels of blood.
26. People that suffer from gum disease are twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack.
27. At one time it was thought that the heart controlled a person’s emotions.
28. Women are twice as likely to be diagnosed with depression than men in the United States.
29. From all the oxygen that a human breathes, twenty percent goes to the brain.
30. People who ride on roller coasters have a higher chance of having a blood clot in the brain.