This Week at XYO: Bringing It All Together
It’s been another hectic week at XYO HQ! Most of the team is busy prepping for this week’s Spatial Summit, where we’re looking forward to meeting hundreds of you in person for the very first time. Our partnerships team has been burning the midnight oil lining up deals to announce. And, of course, the devs have been hard at work getting ready for the launch of the XYO MainNet.
Here’s some of the week’s highlights:
We’re livestreaming Spatial’s opening keynote
We know that not everyone is able to make it to Spatial, and we’ll be announcing some pretty big news. We don’t want you to miss out, so we’ll be livestreaming the opening keynote on Friday morning at 10 AM Pacific/1:00 PM Eastern. Follow our YouTube channel to watch live!
- It’s all coming together. The XYO Network MainNet is scheduled for launch on Friday, November 9. We couldn’t be more excited to release XYO into the wild. We’ll have a fully functional network, although there’s still work to be done building out and improving its individual components.
- The beta version of the XYO Network Android app is available for download in the Google Play Store if you’re in the US. This app lets your phone function as a Sentinel or a Bridge. You likely won’t earn XYO tokens during the beta, but you’ll give us a lot of useful data to test our systems and validate our predictions. Read all about it here.
- We’ve integrated the InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) into the XYO Network, which gives us the ability to function on multiple blockchain platforms in a way that’s stable, secure, and affordable to the user. Learn more here.
We’ve got a few new partnerships lined up to reveal at Spatial, but here’s some announcements you might have missed.
- We’re working with Verses to connect the real world with virtual reality and alternate reality environments.
- We’ve teamed up with Bit Design to prove allow for scarcity and uniqueness in digital goods.
Elsewhere on the Blockchain
A project called Blockchains LLC has bought 60,000 acres in northern Nevada and is planning to build the world’s first blockchain-powered smart city.
Coinbase has announced its plans to list Basic Attention Token (BAT), the utility token that powers the Brave browser.
Thanks, as always, for all of your support — we can’t wait to meet some of you this weekend!
Head of Community