The Monday Morning Macro | April 10
Founder Stories: Reham Fagiri of AptDeco
Reham Fagiri is cofounder and CEO of AptDeco (YC W14). AptDeco is a peer to peer marketplace for buying and selling furniture. Discussed: Skills Learned During Her MBA; Going From a Bank to a Startup; Starting AptDeco; SF<>NYC During YC; Reham’s Favorite Podcasts.
Startup School Online: First Lecture and Speaker List
We’re excited to announce that Startup School is now in session. You can watch the first lecture at startupschool.org. For this course, we are joined by some great speakers who want to help make startups be better startups. The speakers and topics are listed in this post.
A Science Exchange Marketplace for YC Companies
YC companies will now have exclusive access to a Science Exchange marketplace where they can instantly order experimental services from a network of over 2,500 qualified scientific service providers, all with pre-established contracts that protect companies’ IP and confidentiality.
Hacker News Highlights: March 2017
Our favorite Hacker News comments from March: One of the authors of The Unix-Haters Handbook joins a thread on the book; HN users reminisce about their ZX81s; Pink Floyd’s recording console is for sale and a HN user’s father is the person who installed it.
Top Posts on Hacker News
• Tim Berners-Lee wins Turing Award
• Mexican Newspaper Shuts Down, Saying It Is Too Dangerous to Continue
• Android overtakes Windows as the internet’s most used operating system
• Tesla Passes Ford by Market Value
• Why F.E.A.R.’s AI is still the best in first-person shooters
• Why do developers who could work anywhere flock to the most expensive cities?
• Why Momentum Works
• Ask HN: What medical datasets do you need?
• Over the Air: Exploiting Broadcom’s Wi-Fi Stack
• Build Your Own Text Editor
• Ride-hailing apps may help to curb drunk driving
• An off-grid social network
• Unsupervised sentiment neuron
• Color Night Vision (2016) [video]
• Marc Andreessen: “Take the Ego Out of Ideas”
• New York City bans employers from asking potential workers about past salary
• Ask HN: Do you still use browser bookmarks?
• Does it scale? Who cares (2011)
• Textbook manifesto (2016)
• The Utter Uselessness of Job Interviews