The reason we’re asking
Maintaining and growing YearCompass costs money.
Even though we don’t draw any salary from it, we still have to pay for a lot of things:
- the software we use to design and translate the content,
- the servers that deliver the booklet to you,
- the channels we use to reach new countries and new people, and
- the legal and accounting costs of the project.
So far we have covered these expenses from our own pocket and from the sales of a printed Hungarian booklet. We can continue to do so but we could achieve much more with more resources.
With you, the sky could be the limit
Simply put: more resources would mean more awesomeness delivered to you.
A few things that would be possible with increased funds:
- We could create and ship a printed booklet in English.
- We could launch a blog that produces content that complements the year planning habit, all year long.
- We could build and foster an online, global community of YearCompass users.
- We could design the next iteration of the booklet.
A bigger budget would also mean faster servers and possibly one or two paid staff positions, so we can keep YearCompass in motion throughout the year.
Right now, all of this is far out of scope for our team. But with your help, it could quickly turn to reality.
Become 1 of the 200
To reach the three closest goals — the English printed booklet, the year-round content, and the online community — we would need 200 dollars per month.
That means that we need 200 of you to step up and become our own House of Medici.
If YearCompass helped you in any way in the past, please consider supporting us now so we can continue doing this. Become our patron, become a member of our extended team.
Head to Patreon for even more details (and some exciting rewards) and sign up as a patron.
Your 1 dollar would really make a difference to us.