How to set up Yellow Duck with any encoder that supports custom server
You can easily set up Yellow Duck to stream to Instagram from your PC with any software or hardware encoder which supports RTMP server as the destination. We will use one of the most popular programs OBS Studio as a reference in this guide.
It can be done in a few easy steps.
1. Start your Yellow Duck application.
2. Log in to your Instagram.
3. Get your stream key and RTMP URL for the Instagram account. Important: Keep in mind that as soon as your login passes you have a few minutes window to start your stream since your key will expire in few minutes.
4. Paste your stream key and RTMP link to your streaming software Custom Server setup.
Tip: For some encoders, you may need to combine your link and key in one field, it can be easily done by adding / so your link would look like this — rtmps://live-upload.instagram.com:443/rtmp/yourlongkey
4. Start the stream and it will be delivered to your Instagram.
Tip: Keep in mind that you cannot see your own stream and live status.
This workflow will work with any hardware, software, mobile or any other encoder (even your own server) as long as it has the ability to send data to a Custom Server.