The spiritual circumcision of the heart (Romans 2:25–29)
- The Passover is the pattern of the divine requirements for the celebration of the memorial of the death of Christ: “Those things are a shadow of the things to come, but the reality belongs to the Christ” (Colossians 2:17). “For since the Law has a shadow of the good things to come, but not the very substance of the things” (Hebrews 10: 1).
- Only the circumcised could celebrate Passover: “If a foreigner resides with you and he wants to celebrate the Passover to Jehovah, every male of his must be circumcised. Then he may come near to celebrate it, and he will become like a native of the land. But no uncircumcised man may eat of it” (Exodus 12:48).
- Christians are no longer under the obligation of physical circumcision. His circumcision becomes spiritual: “You must now cleanse your hearts and stop being so stubborn” (cleanse : circumcise the foreskin of) (Deuteronomy 10:16, Acts 15: 19,20,28,29 “Apostolic Decree”, Romans 10:4 “Christ is the end of the Law “).
- The spiritual circumcision of the heart means obedience to God and his son Jesus Christ: “Circumcision is, in fact, of benefit only if you practice law; but if you are a transgressor of law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision. If, therefore, an uncircumcised person keeps the righteous requirements of the Law, his uncircumcision will be counted as circumcision, will it not? And the physically uncircumcised person will, by carrying out the Law, judge you who are a transgressor of law despite having its written code and circumcision. For he is not a Jew who is one on the outside, nor is circumcision something on the outside, on the flesh. But he is a Jew who is one on the inside, and his circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code. That person’s praise comes from God, not from people” (Romans 2:25–29).
- The spiritual uncircumcision of heart represents disobedience to God and his son Jesus Christ: “Obstinate men and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, you are always resisting the holy spirit; as your forefathers did, so you do. Which one of the prophets did your forefathers not persecute? Yes, they killed those who announced in advance the coming of the righteous one, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become, you who received the Law as transmitted by angels but have not kept it” (Acts 7: 51–53).
- The spiritual circumcision of the heart is required for the participation in the commemoration of the death of Christ (whatever the christian hope (heavenly or earthly)): “First let a man approve himself after scrutiny, and only then let him eat of the loaf and drink of the cup” (1 Corinthians 11:28).
The memorial of the death of Jesus Christ:
THE SPIRITUAL MAN:
The teaching of Jesus Christ that leads to spiritual maturity:
The prophecy of Daniel:
To read the whole article “Good things to come”:
To read the whole article of “Why did God allow suffering and wickedness?”, please choose your preferred language, below:
Chinese : http://www.yomelyah.com/437854651
AFRICAN LANGUAGES http://www.yomelijah.com/449360157
ASIATIC LANGUAGES http://www.yomelyah.com/437854651
INDONESIAN LANGUAGES http://www.yomelyah.com/449036039
LANGUAGES FROM INDIA http://www.yomelyah.com/438570076
OTHER LANGUAGES http://www.yomelyah.com/435935499
Choose your preferred language to read the whole article “The Spiritual Maturity”:
Choose your preferred language to read the whole article “Joy in Christian Hope”:
AFRICAN LANGUAGES http://www.yomelijah.com/442038291
ASIATIC LANGUAGES http://www.yomelyah.com/439406311
INDONESIAN LANGUAGES http://www.yomelyah.com/440191609
LANGUAGES FROM INDIA http://www.yomelyah.com/440191900
OTHER LANGUAGES http://www.yomelyah.com/435551624
Other Biblical Articles You Can Read: