At Youmeus, we believe that most people accept ordinary communication skills as the status quo, unaware of the availability of extraordinary skills and the impact this has on life successes.
Our mission is to educate and stimulate our readers to move above ordinary levels, and access the incredible life benefits available with highly effective communication skills.
This is where you come in!
You know the real power of effective communication and love to help others understand it too. You know the impact it has on our lives, and you love to write about it!
You may be an established writer, or maybe you’re just starting on Medium?
Either is OK, if you have passion for our subject, there’s a home for your writing here, so email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself, we would love to hear from you!
We are a new publication, and our initial aim is to establish a small team of writers we can work with, to develop reach and expertise for both the writer and publication. If you are accepted as a writer on Youmeus, you can expect us to be interactive to help you succeed!
What we are looking for.
Youmeus is entirely focused on communication wherever it happens, with family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances, and even ourselves.
You can concentrate on one specialist area or use your expertise in several, no matter, as long as your articles and stories focus on personal communication, in one form or another.
Your content can be instructional, developmental, advisory, even fictional. We are looking for material that helps the reader to gain awareness, knowledge and ideas to improve their skills with people.
We prefer to categorise our stories under one of these general sections:
Business, Family, Social, Self. However, if you can’t see a fit, offer us your story and we will work with it where we can.
Think about the theme of your stories in terms of how people can benefit from improved interaction within those sections.
- Dealing with arguments and disharmony in the home.
- Being comfortable at social gatherings.
- Getting best team performance in the workplace.
- Leadership challenges.
- Sales and customer satisfaction.
- Self communication.
- Developing and maintaining friendships.
- Growing influence in a career.
- Interviewing and meetings.
Please keep your story specific to the section. Keep in mind, where there is a crossover between sections, you can often get more than one story from the same solution, just by altering the perspective to suit the environment.
- You are always credited as the author of your articles and retain all rights to your content.
- Please submit articles as drafts only, following these Medium guidelines. We want your articles to attract readers, increase your following and provide income, so we retain editorial and design rights for all submissions.
- We will edit for grammar and spelling mistakes etc. but we expect you to use a program like Grammarly (free version at this link) to help you remove the most obvious mistakes. It will make it easier for us to publish your article and it will help you improve your writing.
- Although we make minor changes for you if we feel any are required, we will not change the context or substance of your article. If you disagree with our changes please let us know so we can agree a solution.
- Articles must comply with Mediums policy rules here.
- Articles cannot carry ads or sales promotions as described here and here.
- We encourage you to join the Medium Partners program as we believe it will accelerate growth and success of your membership.
Your first step.
Before we can publish your articles we need to accept you on the list of YOUMEUS writers.
You can find yours by opening your profile page and copying the URL in the address bar, then pasting it in your comment.
We will normally respond within 24 hours. If you do not receive contact in 48 hours we may have missed your comment, please place a further comment or send a note to email@example.com.