Astrology Nov 25/6 2018. Luckiest Day of the Year!
Jupiter is entering his Cazimi with the Sun at any moment. The conjunction will be exact around 11.30 pm tonight and the Cazimi will end around 7.45 am (all times mountain time).
The exact conjunction will be at 3 56' Sagittarius and, since this is the first conjunction in early Sagittarius since 1935 (the last one was at the end and the conjunction moves forward a few degrees every 12 years) this is beginning a cycle that lasts 83 years. Thanks to Angela Tiki of the Organization of Professional Astrologers for this insight. The next cycle will begin in 2101.
Since this last began in late 1935 it’s helpful to look at the news for 1936 as well as late 1935.
- Nov 22 Flying boat “China Clipper” takes off from Alameda, California, carrying 100,000 pieces of mail on 1st trans-Pacific airmail flight
- Nov 29 Physicist Erwin Schrödinger publishes his famous thought experiment ‘Schrödinger’s cat’, a paradox that illustrates the problem of the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics
- Mar 4 1st flight of the airship Hindenburg at Friedrichshafen, Germany
- Mar 7 Hitler breaks Treaty of Versailles by sending troops to the Rhineland
- May 28 Alan Turing submits “On Computable Numbers” for publication, in which he set out the theoretical basis for modern computers.
- Jul 17 Spanish generals Francisco Franco and Emilio Mola lead a right-wing uprising, starting the Spanish Civil War
- Jul 18 Spanish Civil War : General Francisco Franco issues manifesto and leds uprising with army in Morocco
- Sep 21 Spanish fascist junta names Franco to Generalissimo and Supreme Commander
- Dec 10 Edward VIII signs Instrument of Abdication, giving up the British throne to marry American divoree Wallis Simpson
- Dec 11 Edward VIII announces in a radio broadcast that he is abdicating the British throne to marry Wallis Simpson
- Dec 24 1st radioactive isotope medicine administered in Berkeley, California
Yes, we saw the rise of Fascism but also the rise of international mail and the breaking free of old mores to perceived personal freedom (Edward V111) to a non British subject. Jupiter and Sagittarius rule different cultures, travel and expansion but also dogma.
Take heart though, the rest of the chart is almost completely reversed from 1935. The North Node was then in Capricorn and now it’sin the opposite sign of Cancer. Neptune was then in Virgo and is now in the opposite sign, Pisces. Pluto was in Cancer and is now in Capricorn.
The cycle prior to this began in late 1852 and Fascism wasn’t rising then. You can read the history here.
My hope is that, with the reversals in the chart from 1935 we recognize the signs and stop the rising Fascism
Either way we can expect to be blown away by the conjunction of these two bodies, the Sun and Jupiter are the two largest bodies in our system and Jupiter is even stronger in this, his own sign. This will bring expansion in major ways. Growth in freedom and potency. Potentially.
The Chandra symbol for this meeting is
A young prince undresses to bathe in a pool.
Seeking your own reflection. Willing to go to any lengths to divest yourself of that which stands between yourself and your world. Seeking a path, a practice, a journey from an insulated way of life to a vitally engaged way of life, but hung up at the point of giving yourself completely over. Stalling for time, reaching for excuses, pulling in escapes and perpetuations of the status quo, you linger on the brink between one world and another. Propelled forward, but equally jerked backward. Destiny shall assert itself in a forward direction at the right time. And before that happens the drama of “will he, won’t he?” dominates consciousness and energy, keeping everything tense, fascinating, and hopeful.
Jupiter and Sagittarius represent the seeker and the Sun is the core, the center of both our solar system and ourselves.
The symbol is asking you to leap and be very open minded.
With Mercury (mind) Rx also close to this mix and near his own cazimi with the Sun the doors of perception are opening wide over the next couple of days.
Truths will be revealed with a blinding light. Possibilities will open up.
The major downside to Jupiter in Sagittarius can be dogmatism but I’m thinking that conjunction to Mercury Rx may ease that as we are already reviewing and reflecting on our beliefs.
Add in a square to Mars in Pisces (Jupiter is the traditional ruler of Pisces) and there will be a tendency to cut straight into the illusions we live by.
Since this will occur overnight for those of us in the USA this may either bring a sleepless night or intense dreams.
The fact that Neptune is only just starting to move direct in Pisces is adding to the intensity.
I wonder what’s going to be revealed!