If If you have an idea, would you like to know how to make it possible?Have you thought on your AIM and OBJECTIVES?
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) with the support of Libre-pensadores de la Sierra (LPS) invites you to discover the compass that will guide you towards a more inclusive society. That is why we created:
The Peace Blueprint training course
-> A guideline into Peace Entrepreneurship
What is this? A 6-day training course on entrepreneurship
Who? 23 participants from: Spain, Poland, Ukraine, Cyprus, Greece, Portugal, Belgium, France, Italy and the Netherlands
When? From the 22nd-29th of February 2020 (including travel dates)
Venue: San Lorenzo de El Escorial (Madrid)
Deadline: 7th of January 2020
Application form: https://forms.gle/xHgiH6Mvnvr81txp6
WHY THIS PROJECT?
Peace Blueprint project was designed by the group of international youth workers and activists — members of YPAN — working in the peacebuilding field. We are living in the times where the proposals coming from the youth or the historically underrepresented communities are not taking it into account. As a way to understand the needs of society, it’s solutions and to transform the world into a more peaceful one, we designed a project for projects. As young peace activists we believe that you can be the one that shapes the social situation from local perspective to bring a global change. We are ready to take action, are you willing to take part?
We aim to equip young people with the necessary skills to initiate and manage socially conscious projects by designing a BLUEPRINT — master plan. These models of initiatives will be entrepreneurial, sustainable and engines of the development of a culture of peace.
WITH AN AIM… COMES THE OBJECTIVES
The objectives are:
- To teach quality skills and competencies aimed at the promotion of employment and personal development of young participants.
- To increase the social capital and participation of young people in their communities through personal projects and social businesses.
- Promote social entrepreneurship and non-profit activities.
- Develop participants’ planning skills and advanced project management methodologies.
- Raise awareness of the efficient use of available resources and promote a sustainable lifestyle by implementing personal projects respectfully with individuals and society.
- Explore social entrepreneurship as a tool to foster the Peace process in local communities.
- Promote social enterprise as an improvement in inclusion and a potential increase in equal opportunities for young people.
- To exchange good practices in social entrepreneurship and project management and to recognize successful European benchmarks in combination with peace-building.
- Strengthen the sustainability of youth networks that sensitize citizens and policy makers in the EU and neighbouring countries on the potential of social enterprises in building peaceful societies through the establishment of a Peacebuilders group trained in the discipline of social entrepreneurship.
ARE YOU WILLING TO…?
- Join a group with an open mind, ready to take action, seeking for constructive learning, and willing to be changemakers
- Change your way of behaving/living in an unlearning process of 6 days (this one is VERY important — think about it)
- Create a community with respect, love and “sharing is caring” mood
- Show your best skills to others, offer an ear to hear and questions to ask
- Be in the middle of the nature, practising morning mindfulness, yoga or ninjutsu.
- Find what “outside the box” really means
- Believe that youth is part of the change…
THEN YOU ARE PERFECT FOR THIS PROJECT!
BESIDES, IF YOU PREFER TO…
- stick to your ideas, values or ways of living without questioning even a single rule
- talk for talking. Not giving the opportunity to others,
- show your power and super-ego towards the others
- go all time party and drinking
- not listen others thoughts or ideas (looking to the phone all the time)
- be inside the comfort zone…
Then we recommend you to read “An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding” (David Hume) in your closest library :)
HOW WE WORK (we try to be different)
Training course will be based on the principles of non-formal education: it will have a planned programme of personal and social education for young people designed to improve a range of skills and competencies, outside the formal educational curriculum.
We will implement the basic elements of the non-formal education, such as the education being voluntary, organised with educational objectives, participatory and learner-centred, about learning life skills and preparing for active citizenship, based on involving both individual and group learning with a collective approach, holistic and process-oriented, as well as based on experience and action (we will plan the follow up activities) and starts from the needs of the participants.
COSTS, WHAT IS THAT?
We believe in one thing, the power of peace education and the right for all to have an opportunity. That is why, thanks to the ERASMUS+ scheme, we are able to provide this training for you for FREE. Accommodation, food and materials used in the course are fully covered by the organizers.
Bare in mind that based on the rules of the European Commission we will only refunds the cheapest trip for and back.
AND… WHO ARE WE?
Youth Peace Ambassadors Network
The Youth Peace Ambassadors Network (YPAN) is an informal network of 70 young peacebuilders from across Europe who work with and in conflict affected communities.
Majority of the members of the network are trained on human rights, non-formal education and conflict transformation by the Council of Europe in the long term project (2011–2014).
Our Mission: The YPA Network wants to develop a culture of peace by empowering young people, promoting human rights, dignity, equality and respect of diversity through education, advocacy and other non-violent actions through projects at local and international level.
As YPA Network we promote local and international peace building activities by young people around Europe.
The Association Libre-pensadores de la sierra de Madrid (LPS) is a cultural organization managed by young people from the north-west of Madrid region. The organization aims to the promotion of participative processes inclusive with youngsters and the spread of culture of respect, human rights advocacy and democratic values.The organization activities started in 2013 taking action from then in more than 30 events, workshops and actions in Spain and other European countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Portugal and the UK).
DEADLINE… yep, if you send it soon we will look at it first :)
7th January 2020
José B. Sevillano — Project coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
PEACE BLUEPRINT is a project financed by the European Union’s Erasmus+ Programme.
The content of page represents the views of the author only and is their sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.