We’re Hiring: Community Manager
Role: Community Manager
Job Type: Contract (1 year — full-time)
Salary: £25,000 — £28,000
Start Date: February 2019
YSYS is a thriving startup community for founders, developers, creatives and investors on a mission to make a difference. Our community is made up of passionate individuals leading efforts to tackle inequality in London’s startup ecosystem.
At YSYS, we know that amazing things can happen when people start sharing ideas and collaborating. Our community is a space for people with shared values to build relationships in, marketing, technology, venture-funding and more. With our community, you can discuss the latest apps, ask for advice, discover new resources, find inspiration, and share your experiences, both online and offline.
We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction. Our vision is to provide access to education and support for one million underrepresented people in the tech ecosystem, across the UK, by 2022.
We’re evolving alongside our community, and we’re keen to bring even more value to the members who connect with us us every day, so we’re recruiting a Community Manager to take our work to the next level.
Summary: To lead curation and community for both online and offline.
- You’ll own our orientation process: where we share our values and start to forge the connections and #buildtogether mentality that’s so important to our community.
- You’ll scout for talented mission led individuals to join our community.
- You’ll develop, manage and maintain our Slack community by providing engaging content and responding to queries.
- You’ll manage our community database of members information and useful resources.
- You’ll lead on all communication channels; newsletter, blog and social media.
- You’re naturally curious and the eyes and ears of YSYS, and you know our community better than anyone. You’ll be constantly working to make the right connections.
- You’re passionate about diversity and inclusion, and deeply committed to community.
- You’ll work with our community to define and run events to create connections and culture, whether that’s collaborating with our members who lead our meetups or organising fireside chats (including breakfast meetups, mid-day roundtables, dinner and socials).
- You’ll curate events as part of our Impact Projects and Programmes, for our partners, including OneTech/Capital Enterprise (funded by JPMorgan and The Mayor of London).
- You’ll collaborate with our education team; YSYS Hub, to bring unique learning experiences to our community and wider ecosystem.
- You’ll identify opportunities to improve the community experience, through surveys and focus groups.
- You’re also a confident speaker, and happy presenting YSYS at internal or external events.
- You’ll have to be comfortable working with startup stakeholders, whether that’s founders, developers, creatives and investors.
- You’ll have proven experience of delivering events, marketing campaigns and community management.
- At the heart of YSYS is diversity and inclusion — you’ll be friendly, community-first, respectful and professional at all times.
- With a busy inbox and so much happening offline, you’ll be detail-oriented but also great at prioritising your work.
- Flexible but focused, you are able to work independently as well as with the YSYS team.
- We’re a small team so you’ll be proactive and comfortable diving in and helping out where needed.
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observance.
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks and refreshments.
- Support with your own startup idea and side hustle.
- A culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
To be considered please email a 1–2 page CV and tailored cover letter detailing why you are best suited to this role at YSYS to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your email is titled “Community Manager Application”
Friday 25th January
YSYS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental health or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.