Role: Partnership Manager
Job type: Contract (3 days a week)
Duration: Two years
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 (pro rata) + commission
Start Date: September 2019
Your Startup, Your Story is a startup community for founders, developers, creatives, investors and more on a mission to make a difference. At YSYS, we know that amazing things can happen when people start sharing ideas and collaborating. Our community is a space for people with shared values interested in launching a startup, joining a team or building a diverse and inclusive culture. Together with our community, we curate initiatives which foster diversity, inclusion and social change within the startup ecosystem.
We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction. Our vision is to provide access to opportunities for 100,000 thousand underrepresented people in the tech ecosystem, across the UK, by 2020.
This is an exciting time to join YSYS. We’re offering an incredible opportunity for the right person to lead our partnerships department. We’re seeking a Partnership Manager who is passionate about diversity, community and impact , and will develop and implement significant partnership/sponsorship relationships and build exciting new funding propositions, linked to our overarching Impact Strategy.
The focus of this role is on securing and managing high value relationships with both potential and existing partners. This is a strategically important role for YSYS.
- You’ll have excellent experience in personally securing strategic, long term partnerships of significant value and an in depth knowledge of what drives business and how to create value
- You’ll be responsible for generating new leads and closing partnerships/sponsorships
- You’ll identify grants, bids and prizes on behalf of YSYS
- You’ll prepare and draft compelling partnership/ sponsorship proposals to support key renewals
- You’ll proof-read external documents to ensure excellent written communication
- You’ll manage our internal CRM and seek new relationships at external events
- You’ll scout for events to represent YSYS and network with prospective partners
- You’ll curate pitch decks and proposals to send to prospective partners outlining the desired impact
- You’ll design and implement processes and policies to improve YSYS ability to partner globally
- You’ll work towards quarterly financial goals and plan ahead
- You’ll have to be comfortable working with startup stakeholders and corporates.
- You’ll have proven experience of partnerships and relationship management.
- At the heart of YSYS is diversity and inclusion — you’ll be friendly, community-first, respectful and professional at all times.
- With a busy inbox and so much happening offline, you’ll be detail-oriented but also great at prioritising your work.
- Flexible but focused, you are able to work independently as well as with the YSYS team.
- We’re a small team so you’ll be proactive and comfortable diving in and helping out where needed.
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks and refreshments.
- Support with your own startup idea and side hustle. (if you have one)
- A culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
To be considered please email a 1–2 page CV and tailored cover letter detailing why you are best suited to this role at YSYS to email@example.com. Please ensure your email is titled “Partnership Manager Application”
August 30th 2019
YSYS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental health or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.