Role: Programme Manager
Job type: Contract (3 days a week, including Saturday’s during term-time)
Duration: Two years
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 (pro rata)
Start Date: February 2019
YSYS is a thriving startup community for founders, developers, creatives and investors on a mission to make a difference. Our community is made up of passionate individuals leading efforts to tackle inequality in London’s startup ecosystem.
At YSYS, we know that amazing things can happen when people start sharing ideas and collaborating. Our community is a space for people with shared values to build relationships in, marketing, technology, venture-funding and more. With our community, you can discuss the latest apps, ask for advice, discover new resources, find inspiration, and share your experiences, both online and offline.
We have assembled an amazing team of passionate, high-energy & focused team-players who cultivate our community and advance our strategic direction. Our vision is to provide access to education and support for one million underrepresented people in the tech ecosystem, across the UK, by 2022.
We’re offering an incredible opportunity for the right person to spearhead our pre-accelerator, FoundersDoor. FoundersDoor, is a six week pre-accelerator for BAME 18–24 year olds, as part of OneTech Talent, a provider of the Mayor of London’s Digital Talent Programme. The aim of the programme is to support underrepresented groups launch innovative startups. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is community-focussed, passionate about diversity and incredibly entrepreneurial.
Our Programme Manager will be tasked with the success of FoundersDoor and will guide the design, development, and strategy, to help our cohort to move fast, innovate rapidly, fill their teams with extraordinary talent and build great companies.
Summary: To lead the programme design and execution of FoundersDoor.
- You’ll be responsible for overseeing the execution of our pre-accelerator, FoundersDoor.
- You’ll build, execute and manage the programme, liaising between the founders, speakers, mentors and partners to coordinate events and workshops.
- You’ll engage with the cohort and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success.
- You’ll develop, manage and maintain our Slack community by providing engaging content and responding to queries.
- You’ll support founders in their dreams of building high growth, investable businesses: holding 1:1 check ins, ensuring mentor sessions are running smoothly and the workshops have the best in class experts to deliver programme content.
- You’re passionate about diversity and inclusion, and deeply committed to community.
- You’ll create short and long form content to publish and promote stories from the cohort.
- You’ll present and attend external events, raise awareness of FoundersDoor and create new engagement opportunities for the community.
- You’ll constantly seek to build relationships with new successful entrepreneurs and prospective partners and speakers and to develop important relationships for FoundersDoor.
- You’ll assist in the continuous quality improvement of the programme, play a key role in its growth, and support all aspects of the programme cycle including programme analysis, design, and documentation.
- You’ll deliver operational excellence in building a robust framework for FoundersDoor in line with project KPIs — reporting on startup progress along the way.
- You’ll produce regular reports on the success of FoundersDoor.
- You’ll attended key partner meetings with OneTech Talent, Capital Enterprise and The Mayor of London Digital Talent Programme providers.
- You’ll have to be comfortable working with startup stakeholders, whether that’s founders, developers, creatives or investors.
- You’ll have proven experience of project and community management.
- At the heart of YSYS is diversity and inclusion — you’ll be friendly, community-first, respectful and professional at all times.
- With a busy inbox and so much happening offline, you’ll be detail-oriented but also great at prioritising your work.
- Flexible but focused, you are able to work independently as well as with the YSYS team.
- We’re a small team so you’ll be proactive and comfortable diving in and helping out where needed.
- A flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observance.
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks and refreshments.
- Support with your own startup idea and side hustle.
- A culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
To be considered please email a 1–2 page CV and tailored cover letter detailing why you are best suited to this role at YSYS to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your email is titled “Programme Manager Application”
YSYS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental health or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.