Managing users on Zagl
Zagl is basically designed to be a multi-user system. In this post I’ve outlined how you can effectively provide and manage access to your shop for other users
You can also choose between two available roles admin and user for each of the users you are sharing the shop with. As the name suggests admin will have complete control of the shop, while user can access the shop with limited privileges.
For security reasons, when a shop is being shared with a user, first an invitation is sent to his registered email and upon accepting the invitation, the invited user will have access to the shop.
When you create a shop you will be by default the administrator of the shop. And once your setup is complete, let’s say you want to provide your manager access to the shop, you can share it with him with the role user, so that such that he can still manage the shop with limited permissions.
Invite only registered emails
When you invite a user, basically the email of the user your are sharing with should already be registered with the platform. Otherwise you will get a message saying that
The email that you were trying to invite is not registered with Zagl
If that happens please ask the user to register his email before trying to invite him again.
Providing access to a shop really comes in handy for businesses that operate a franchisee. The owner of the franchisee can create and be the administrator for all those branches and he can choose to share individual branches to the respective franchise owners.
Also note that you cannot remove yourself from a shop, so if you are no longer associated with a shop, ask other administrators of the shop to remove you. This is basically to avoid abandoned shops and to make sure that there is at least one administrator for the shop at any given point in time.
- If you open Zagl dashboard, all the shops but you are associated with will be displayed, where you can find the manage users link as shown in the picture below:
- If you click on that link you will be taken to the manage users page, where you can click on the invite user button which is on the top right corner as shown in the screenshot below.
- When you click on the button you will be presented with a dialogue where you can put in the email ID and the role of the user you are inviting.
- On the same page you can also see existing users including yourself and the invitations that you’ve sent and are yet to be accepted by the invitee.
- On rare occasion where the invitee has not received the invitation, you can resend the invitation or if you would like to cancel it, you can also remove it as well, such that the invitation becomes void.
This is quite a powerful way to manage and provide access for other users to your shop on Zagl. If you have more questions please put it on the comments below.
For newbies Zagl is a social shopping platform that is a combination of the ecommerce aspects of shopify along with the community building goodness of Facebook. For more information visit www.zagl.io or checkout our blog.