Five years ago Bitcoin wasn’t even a blip on the radar, nobody knew or cared.
Today, Bitcoin is one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
Seriously, if you’re not paying close attention to Bitcoin right now, listen up. We’re about to drop some knowledge on you that might change your life.
- Bitcoin was created by an anonymous person who goes by the cover name of Satoshi Nakamoto. I mean… this fact alone should sell you on how exciting Bitcoin is.
- Over $260 million of venture capital has been injected into Bitcoin companies to date, and more than 50% of that was invested in 2014 alone.
- Bitcoin reduces the cost of financial transactions to almost nothing. Amazing.
- Bitcoin isn’t just a currency. Data can be stored directly on the Bitcoin blockchain, enabling developers to create so many different types of applications, that we haven’t even thought of most of them yet. (The blockchain is a decentralized system where all Bitcoin transactions are saved).
“Ok, awesome Matt, Bitcoin sounds like it’s doing well. But is it really that popular? When will everyone be using it?”
Yes. Great question. I will tell you the answer right now.
- In order to make Bitcoin mainstream, someone needs to make a viral Bitcoin product that everyone uses. Likely, the people using this product will not even be aware that it’s powered by Bitcoin (similar to how you use Facebook, but don’t really care what type of development languages they use).
- To increase the chances of this viral Bitcoin application being created sooner rather than later, we need to increase the amount of smart people experimenting with Bitcoin and starting companies.
This is where you come in.
There is so much opportunity in Bitcoin. Most things that can be done today haven’t been thought of. There are even things that could be done that people have thought of but nobody is doing them yet.
The market is wide open. Your imagination and drive are the only things limiting you.
If you are at all curious about Bitcoin, I highly encourage you to take an hour to learn more about it. I guarantee you that once you start learning about Bitcoin, you will never be able to stop. You will be addicted.
Yes. Bitcoin is complicated. Yes, it can be daunting. But don’t worry about that. Just start learning and see where that takes you.
“Ok Matt, you’ve sold me. Now where should I go to learn about Bitcoin?”
Excellent question again! You’re on top of this.
I’m going to give you a list of:
- Where to learn about bitcoin.
- How to start developing your first Bitcoin application.
- Where to get your first Bitcoin.
- Crazy Bitcoin related ideas that will inspire you.
Where to Learn About Bitcoin
ZapChain is a community of Bitcoin experts answering questions about Bitcoin on a daily basis. These are the people you want to be learning from. Who knows, maybe you’ll even find a company you want to join or an investor who will fund your future Bitcoin startup.
Click here to join ZapChain.
CoinDesk is one of the leading Bitcoin publications. They write about breaking news and commentary on the industry. You do need to have somewhat of an understanding of Bitcoin to follow along with their articles, but I believe in you.
Click here to start reading articles on CoinDesk.
3. Follow The Coin
Follow The Coin is the leader in Bitcoin video coverage. Tina Hui does multiple videos a week covering breaking news, companies, and the industry. What’s so awesome about these videos? They are all made in such a way that they are fun and easy to follow along with, even though the topic is so complicated.
Click here to start watching Follow The Coin videos.
ZeroBlock is a Bitcoin news aggregator. They pull in new high quality articles about Bitcoin from all the best publications and writers. Not only that, but they give you a huge chart of Bitcoin’s current price.
Click here to check out ZeroBlock.
5. Bitcoin Wiki
The Bitcoin Wiki has a tremendous amount of information. Some of it is easy to understand, some of it not so much. You can get lost for days here.
Click here to start reading through the Bitcoin Wiki.
TwoBitIdiot is a Bitcoin blog that you need to be following. They have broken major news in the past, before even mainstream media got their hands on it.
Click here to check out TwoBitIdiot.
Start Developing Bitcoin Applications
Chain provides an API on top of Bitcoin, making it dead simple to create Bitcoin applications. You can use their API to send, recieve, and track Bitcoin transactions.
Click here to sign up for Chain.
BlockCypher is an API on top of Bitcoin, enabling you to not only send, receive, and track Bitcoin transactions, but it allows you to set up multi-signature wallets. Amazing! This allows you to create Bitcoin wallets that requires multiple people to sign off on a transaction before it can go through.
Click here to sign up for BlockCypher.
Get Your First Bitcoin
Coinbase is the easiest way to get your first Bitcoin. It’s basically an online Bitcoin bank. It’s been around for years, they’ve raised over $30 million in funding, and most major merchants accepting Bitcoin work with them.
Click here to sign up for Coinbase.
Bitstamp is an insanely popular place to buy and sell Bitcoins.
Click here to sign up for Bitstamp.
expresscoin (yes, with a lowercase “e”) not only allows you to buy Bitcoins, but you can also buy plenty of other digital currencies. Heard of Dogecoin? You can buy them here.
Click here to sign up for expresscoin.
Crazy Bitcoin Related Ideas that will Inspire You
Ethereum was designed by a 20 year old as a better platform to build Bitcoin like decentralized applications with. They raised over $15 million.
Click here to learn more about Ethereum.
Swarm using the blockchain to basically create a decentralized Kickstarter, enabling you to raise money for your project by selling your own digital currency.
Click here to learn more about Swarm.
Go forth and do awesome things with Bitcoin. There’s an entire community that will support you.
We believe in you.