(Deploying and Managing Blockchain Infrastructure has been a major challenge for developers. Some offerings from AWS, Microsoft etc softens it a bit But still don’t cover it all.)
Our team of Blockchain Architects and Developers have been part of many Blockchain solutions over last 3 years using Public as well as permissioned protocols. Like everyone else, we have been working hard to keep pace with the rapid release of new versions of protocols and innovations happening in this space.
One of the common factor in all solutions was the need for deploying and managing Blockchain nodes, network and dApps. It was highly manual process with custom scripts unique to each protocol.
Then we thought of using some of the Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) offering available for setting up Ethereum node or instance of Fabric. It surely solved the challenges of manual deployment but we realised that there is lot more than just deployment that is needed for decentralized Blockchain Networks -
- A participant on a network likes to host her own node on her own cloud environment and not locked to the one used for initial deployment.
- Some participants want to host their node on on-premise environment due to compliances.
- On-boarding of new partners on the Blockchain network is a tedious process.
- There is hardly any additional service or plugins available on the hosting architecture that can be consumed by the dApp.
- There is discomfort about deploying Blockchain applications by existing DevOps team due to lack of necessary expertise.
- Managing the health of the network is not available.
As some of our solutions caught pace, our Blockchain infrastructure management needs increased to unmanageable proportions. We decided to automate it but did not want to cover just the deployment piece.
We conceptualized the product keeping in mind all the challenges we gathered from developers and launched our first Beta in November last year by the name TwisT. It supported one protocol HyperLedger Sawtooth with option to host nodes on either of AWS, Azure, Private Cloud or on-premise. The initial reaction that we got from the first 100 users was very encouraging. We wanted the product to be from developers to developers.
Based on the feedback from our fellow developers, we updated the user experience and added configurable options for Sawtooth deployment and management. The platform was rebranded as Zeeve.
Now, we have released the activity multi-cloud orchestration and multi-protocol version 1.0 of Zeeve. It features graphical dashboard, network monitoring tools and multiple ready to use smart contracts and dApps.
We have a strong pipeline of very useful features like advance configuration options, support for more public and permissioned protocols like EOS, Stellar, Multichain and Corda, support for more cloud players like Digital Ocean, Alibaba Cloud and advance analytics. Do subscribe to Zeeve newsletter and medium blog to keep you posted with new exciting updates.