Zepheira Announces “Libhub Initiative Early Adopter Program” for Academic Libraries
10 June 2015 — http://zepheira.com — Zepheira provides better Web visibility to libraries through Linked Data, and now offers a new program for academic libraries to reveal their resources and collections to the Web. The program builds on the successful Libhub Initiative Early Adopter Public Library Program launch with its Founding 12 Partners.
The Early Adopter Program for Academic Libraries builds awareness of the power of Linked Data through education, training, and exploration. Linked Data can be used to better reveal a library’s materials, which may include ebook, print, special, archival, music, rare books, and/or other collections of value to alumni, students, faculty, researchers, and administration.
The current ILS and PAC or discovery layer is not affected, as this is a parallel activity. Should users find library material via the Web, they are linked back to the library’s catalog for further action.
The program includes:
- Attendance to Zepheira’s Practical Practitioner Linked Data & BIBFRAME Essentials online course (from 1–10 participants)
- Linked Data Readiness Assessment:
- Data analysis of up to 100,000 MARC records
- Vendor analysis of partners and systems providers
- Change management analysis and preparation
- Linked Data Pilot of transforming up to 1 million MARC records using Zepheira’s BIBFRAME transformation tools and publishing them to the Web
- A community space for actively sharing information and experiences
- Shared access to early BIBFRAME tools as they are developed
For more information on this and other program offerings, please contact Lauri McIntosh at email@example.com.
About The Libhub Initiative
The Libhub Initiative aims to raise the visibility of Libraries on the Web by actively exploring the promise of BIBFRAME and Linked Data. Founded by Zepheira LLC in September 2014, The Libhub Initiative creates an industry-wide focus and finds common ground for libraries, providers, and partners to publish and use data with non-proprietary, Web standards. For more information, please visit http://libhub.org.
Zepheira is a leading provider of software and services designed to help clients across industries make information available and more prominent on the Web. Founded in 2007, Zepheira has extensive experience creating products and solutions focused on the modernization of library information systems. Zepheira’s founders and staff have played key roles in pioneering the next generation of the Web, including the semantic technology underlying most Web applications. For more information find us online: