Business Development Associate
Innovate to help us light Africa, one life at a time
Off Grid Electric is a growth-stage startup on a mission to light a million homes in Africa with clean, affordable solar energy.
The Business Development Associate will join a new team with a big mandate: Develop and hand over to operations complete new parts of the business that add enterprise value and are ready for steady-state implementation.
As a core member of a lean and strategic Business Development team, the Business Development Associate will help drive forward some of the company’s most important new initiatives, shape operating strategy, and forge important new partnerships in our mission to light Africa.
We’ll count on you to do the following:
Manage pipeline of business development projects and opportunities, including:
- Tracking activities and progress through OGE’s CRM system
- Preparing weekly progress updates and leading weekly coordination meetings
Support development of business development partnerships, including:
- Researching target sectors and organizations
- Preparing financial models
- Preparing presentations to potential partners and company leadership
- Coordinating deal execution (eg, MOUs and contracts)
Project manage execution of business development projects, including:
- Developing pilot and implementation plans
- Developing playbooks and training materials for operations teams
- Working with other functions to launch pilots and make operational changes
- Building KPIs and dashboards to track project implementation, success, and impact
- University Degree
- 2+ years work experience in consulting, finance, or other quantitatively rigorous position
- High degree of comfort with excel analysis and preparing powerpoint presentation
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Swahili or French
- Educational and/or work experience in sub-saharan Africa
- Knowledge of SQL and/or statistical analysis an added bonus
Based in Arusha, Tanzania with possible travel within Africa
Director of Business Development
Send us info about yourself to email@example.com. We’ll get the ball rolling from there!