In today’s product keynote at Zoomtopia 2020, we announced a new “Fully Customizable Video” enhancement to Zoom SDK.
This new Fully Customizable SDK will be available by the end of October, and enhances our Zoom SDK offerings enabling developers to bring more of Zoom’s high-quality video, audio, instant chat, and other interactive features right into your products and apps.
Which Zoom SDK solution best fits your needs?
With Zoom SDK, there are more options than ever for developing video-based apps:
- Fully Customizable SDK (new!): Enrich your own custom video-based application with the Zoom Video Communications platform. Developers get freedom of UI and session control. Want to develop using Zoom Video as a Service? Complete this form and tell us what you’ll be creating.
- Meetings SDK: Integrate Zoom Meetings into your existing application workflows with the default Zoom Meetings UI.
What is Meeting SDK?
Meeting SDK, available today, comes with the best-in-breed Zoom Client user interface and uses meetings as a core concept. Developers can add Zoom SDK as a dependency and provide interfaces for authenticating your Zoom Account Users to start and join meetings.
As mentioned, the default Zoom UI comes with Meeting SDK, and allows for controlling the meeting experience, but you still operate within the context of meetings. Using the Zoom SDK for meetings, you can embed the Zoom meeting experience directly into your web, desktop, and mobile projects to connect your Zoom account’s users for specific business needs.
You have less freedom to control the UI, but it comes with the added benefit of being able to go to market much quicker using the familiar Zoom user interface everyone has come to know and love!
Meeting SDK supports multiple platforms: Android, iOS, MacOS, Windows, Web, and support for Electron and Ionic frameworks.
Want to start developing with Meeting SDK? It is fully documented here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/sdk-app
What is Fully Customizable SDK?
Fully Customizable SDK, available later this month, uses the concept of “sessions”, and no user-interface is provided. It is Zoom Video as a Service, and allows you to build any UI you choose solving your video use case.
With Zoom’s fully customizable SDK, you can create your own real-time video applications built on top of the Zoom platform. You can also enrich your apps with features like screen sharing, in-session chat, gallery view, and third-party streaming.
Our customizable solution gives you:
- Greater flexibility: Zoom’s cloud-based architecture is designed for video and engineered for flexibility and reliability. Whether your app offers one-on-one video chats or sessions with up to 300 participants, you can rest assured knowing your platform has a proven track record of high-quality performance.
- Freedom of UI and session control: Create a custom UI with your own branding, video composition, and layout. Users won’t even know your video app is powered by Zoom — but you’ll have all the features and reliability of the Zoom platform.
- Access to raw HD video and audio: This allows you to enrich the experience with things like augmented reality, live multi-camera concert events, or individual media stream interpolation, creating even more immersive ways to engage users.
- Support for multiple development platforms and native mobile apps: With minimal code to deploy, our SDK is developer-friendly and easy to use, and will initially be available for Web, AndroidOS, and iOS.
- Real-time engagement: From video and voice call to screen sharing, plus real-time interactive video and audio streaming, building on our platform enhances your ability to connect to users.
- 10,000 minutes per month at no charge: If you need more minutes, we have flexible payment options to fit your needs, including pay-as-you-go or annual volume plans.
How to get started
It’s easy to get started building your video-based app with our Zoom SDKs.
To develop with Fully Customizable SDK, complete this registration form and tell us a little about yourself, your business, and what you’ll be creating using Zoom Video as a Service.
Once your registration is reviewed and approved, you’ll get access to sample code, mobile and web demo apps, and developer documentation.