The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is one of the biggest events in the game development industry and this year it’s taking place in San Francisco between March 18–22, 2019. At GDC, there are presentations and panels about the fun and challenging aspects of game development as well as how different game development teams work and implement new ideas.
Zynga GDC Presentations
This year at GDC, there are six speakers from Zynga’s studios with presentations covering topics from how to drive engagement for VIPs in games, to AI and Machine Learning applications, to massive database scaling.
If you’re going to GDC this year, check out the speaking sessions and presentations from Zynga:
- Instant Games Finding Instant Success: Discussions with Zynga, Knock-Knock, Moonfrog, and Sundaytoyz (Zynga Toronto), is a panel discussion on Facebook Gaming’s Instant Games platform and emerging best practices (search for “Words With Friends Instant” in Facebook Messenger to find one of the top games on the platform).
- Beyond NPCs: AI for Game Operations (Zynga SF), teaches how Zynga applies AI and machine learning to game operations tasks such as predictive systems, task automation, and coordinating ad sales and user acquisition.
- Global Operations: How Zynga Scales its Databases to Support Millions of Players (Zynga SF), presents learnings on how Amazon Aurora has been used by Zynga to scale up databases stored in the AWS cloud.
- Turing Tantrums: AI Devs Rant!! (Zynga SF), is the yearly GDC panel on AI in games.
- A Thinking Culture: The Foundations of Success for CSR Racing 2 (NaturalMotion), gives attendees insights on development team culture and how a “thinking environment” helps them deliver results.
- Design Philosophies & Learning from Developing ‘Merge Dragons!’ (Gram Games), dives deep into the design pillars behind the game and gives attendees a look at “Game Design Math.”
- How to build a VIP department to drive engagement and revenue in social gaming (Zynga Chicago), provides insights around rewarding VIP players through celebrating milestones and customer support and how to develop (or improve) a VIP department.
- The Simplest AI Trick in the Book (Zynga SF), offers a quick round of answers from AI developers on the simplest AI trick you can apply right now.
- Ethics in AI (Zynga SF), is a panel covering the gap between how AI can be used and when it should be used.