Medium wants to help you make your story the best — and most widely read — it can be. To that end, here are a few tips and tricks:
- While there is no designated word count for any story on Medium, stories of 400 words and up have generally been the most popular.
- Write a headline that best reveals the gist of your story.
- Choose a high-quality photo (minimum 900 pixels, or 900x900) for the top of the story. Horizontal images work better than vertical.
- Where appropriate, make use of Medium’s formatting features: two levels of headlines, Notes for footnotes, hyperlinks, and section separators (formed by pressing return twice).
- Get feedback on your draft, and proofread for grammar, punctuation, and formatting.
- Submit to relevant Medium collections.