To design your publication homepage and add writers, read this post.
To create a new publication:
Click the “New Publication” button on the Publications page. Once you have created your publication, give it a snappy name and a description. Add an image to really make it fresh. We recommend images at least 1400 pixels tall (more on images here). You may change these options at any time by clicking the edit button on the publication page (remember, only the publication owner may edit). Publications you create are also accessible (to anyone) on your profile page.
To delete a publication:
Go into edit mode by clicking the arrow from the publication home page. Slide open the right-side drawer, and click the down arrow. You will see the option to delete there.
To submit or request a story to a publication:
You can submit or request story by clicking on the “…” button on every post page. For more information, please read the guidelines.
To have your story included in a publication, there are three options:
- Be the publication owner
- Be an editor of the publication
- Be an invited writer for the publication. Your story must first be accepted by the owner or an editor.
To remove a story from a publication:
If you navigate to a published post page, you will see a chevron in the bottom right corner that says “More.” If you are the author of the post trying to remove it from a publication, it will say “Remove story from publication.” You can remove a pending submission of a published story this way as well. If you are having problems (particulary with older posts), send us an email at email@example.com.
To feature a story in a publication:
You must be a publication editor/owner to feature a story.
- Make sure your publication layout has a “Featured” section.
- Use the drop down arrow to select the featured story.
- You can also create publication homepage sections based on tags. It will list stories in your publication with that chosen tag in reverse chronological order.
To send a Letter from a Publication:
- From the publication homepage, click “Letters” from the drop-down menu.
- This will open the Letter editor. Write your letter as you would a Medium story. You can send a test email to just yourself before sending it out to all your Publication followers. You can read more about Letters in this post.
For more information, read this post: Publication Management.
Remember, a story can only be in one publication!
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.