My Third Party E3 2017 Thoughts and Opinions
If you prefer to listen/watch, here is the YouTube Link:
Welcome to TheSmartOjus blog, today we will be talking about my thoughts and opinions on the E3 2017 third party conferences.
Every year, an event known as Electronic Expo, E3, is held for various gaming companies to showcase new and upcoming games and hardware. This year, E3 was held during the week of June 11th, where over the week, three third party gaming companies held their respective conferences. These three companies are EA, Bethesda, and Ubisoft. I will be talking about the games from each of them that fascinated me, and I will be rating each of the conferences held by the respective companies.
Electronic Arts held their conference on June 10th, where they revealed and talked about 8 games. Out of those 8 games, I am interested in 3 games.
- Anthem (2018): This is the new IP from Bioware, and it looks amazing! The cool, sci-fi look it has is very appealing to me, as well as the fact that you can be like Iron Man! It seems like a promising game that I can’t wait to see more of, and see how it shapes up.
- Star Wars BattleFront II (November 17, 2017): I love the Star Wars franchise, so it’s really awesome to know that BattleFront II is on its way. I can’t wait to play the story mode for this game, being able to play with Ray in any time era will be awesome. The multiplayer looks amazing as well, and being able to play as a droid will be bonkers. I am looking forward to playing this game later this year.
- Need for Speed: Payback (November 10, 2017): I love racing games, so to know that a NFS is coming out this year is amazing. Looks like this one has some burnout mechanics of having to take-down cars, which is wonderful. The game looks like it will be going back to the roots for NFS, and that’s a good thing. November 10th can’t come any sooner.
Those are the three games coming from EA that have me excited for this year as well as 2018.
The presentation itself for EA was probably the worst this year. They seemed to spend way too much time on each game, as well as the pacing for the games wasn’t the best. The presentation lacked charisma and atmosphere and was very boring to watch. All of this together makes me give EA a D for their conference.
Bethesda held their press conference on June 11th, in which they revealed and showcased 6 games. Of those six games, only 1 fascinated me.
- Skyrim for Nintendo Switch (Fall 2017): I have yet to play Skyrim, and the fact that it’s coming to Switch is awesome. To know that not only will I be able to play the game on the go, but I will also be able to use Zelda amiibo to unlock clothing and weapons is amazing. I am very excited to get my hands on this game in the fall.
That is the one and only game I am looking forward to from Bethesda.
The way Bethesda chose to do their presentation was executed very well. The pacing and the way they presented each game was fast, and to the point. They presented each game to build-up the excitement for the new game reveals which were Wolfenstein 2, and The Evil Within 2. I give Bethesda the grade B+ for their conference this year.
Ubisoft held their conference on June 12th, and exhibited 12 new games. Of those 12 games, I am interested by 2.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (August 29, 2017): This was the biggest surprise from Ubisoft, the fact that Mario + Rabbids actually work. The game looks absolutely amazing, and its looks like it has very promising gameplay. All the Rabbids, weapons, and level designs look cute and amazing. You can really see the amount of passion that went into this game, and that’s one of the reasons I will be buying this game in August.
- StarLink: Battle for Atlas (Fall 2018): This game looks really cool, the idea of being able to change your spaceship through a toys to life method is jaw breaking. The levels and the spaceships all look awesome, and this will be a day one purchase for my Nintendo Switch next year.
These are the games I am excited to play and see more of from Ubisoft.
Ubisoft held a very great conference; they started off with Mario and ended off with Beyond Good and Evil 2. The pacing of the conference was very well done, and everything was to the point. We even had the traditional Ubisoft we know when they had the Just Dance 2018 showcase. I give Ubisoft the grade, A.
All these third party presentations have made me very excited for games coming to Nintendo Switch as well as other platforms. I know there are others who liked more of the games they all announced, and hopefully all fans of any of the three companies enjoy the games they will buy from them.
Thanks for reading! :D
Be sure to check out my other E3 2017 opinion articles:
- Nintendo: https://medium.com/@TheSmartOjus/my-nintendo-e3-2017-presence-thoughts-and-opinions-f1e7f1e81dc
- Microsoft: https://medium.com/@TheSmartOjus/my-xbox-e3-2017-conference-thoughts-and-opinions-41fdd01e8b6c
Links to Social Media: