Best Futon Mattress Reviews | How To Choose Them
Futon mattresses are a significant part of home furniture because of its versatility. You can use them both as a bed and a couch, which will give you the possibility to make the use of all space in your home. Of course, there are certain things and factors that you should keep in mind when you decide to shop for the best futon mattress.
You should start by choosing between tri-fold and bi-fold mattresses. You should even consider the design so that you can get the most of it. Here is our recommended list of the Best Futon Mattress that you can refer when choosing the most suitable one for you and your family
You will be able to purchase them in department stores, furniture shops or through online retailers. We decided to present you how to choose best futon mattress:
The first thing that you should have in mind before you decide to purchase futon mattress is their fold style. Two styles include tri and bi-fold, and both of them has its benefits and disadvantages, so you have to understand each type before we proceed further:
· Bi-Fold — These are most common mattresses that you will find on the market. They come with a single fold that runs through the middle. Most frames also come with slider mechanism so that you can shift it between laying and sitting position. It is the most straightforward design for a futon mattress, and most full-size mattresses have this particular feature.
· Tri-Fold — Even though their function is similar to bi-folds, you will get the additional option when it comes to reclining position. Most frames contain a leg rest that you can tuck beneath the sitting area or extend when you need it. You can also place it into flat, sleeping position.
Similar to traditional bed mattresses, futon mattresses come in various elements. They can be softer with the possibility to receive better individual body shape, or they can be firm with firm back support. There are three most common designs and materials that most futon mattresses use such as memory foam, innerspring, and cotton blend.
· Cotton and Foam — Most futon mattresses come with a combination of polyester, cotton, and foam. Manufacturers layer them in different ways so that you can get a supportive and comfortable mattress. Even though they are convenient for sitting, they are only suitable for occasional sleeping because most of them are thin. At the same time, they are the most affordable solution when it comes to futon mattresses.
· Innerspring — Innerspring mattresses come with the same design as bed mattresses. You will get increased comfort and support, which makes them perfect for more extended periods of sleeping or sitting. This particular material breathes well, which will allow it to stay cool for extended periods of time. Because of increased thickness, most of them come in bi-fold futon category.
· Memory Foam — This particular material is excellent because it consists of latex or polystyrene foam. Almost types of mattress, including queen size futon mattress, have this kind of materials so you can easy to find in the market. It is great because it can quickly reshape itself to your movements and body shape which will provide you incredible and natural body support. However, it is too thick when compared with other materials, and it can become too warm to sleep in humid and hot climates.
Most frames come from metal or wood. Even though in most cases, frames use only one material, but there are some types where you can choose a combination of both.
· Wooden Frames — Wood is the most common material for frames. You can choose best futon mattress with wide armrest or other accessories such as cup holders and magazine racks. There are different possibilities when it comes to the price because that depends on the type of wood.
Note: Hardwoods are the most popular and at the same time most expensive. You should always check product review before you buy any futon mattress.
· Metal Frames — Even though they are less frequent as frame material from wood, they are also way affordable when compared with wooden frames. In most cases, they come with round bars and metal futon frames. The main disadvantage is that metal futon frames can be less comfortable than wooden ones. They have narrow armrests and without additional accessories.
Note: Some metal frames use wooden arms so that you can enjoy in its comfort and visual appeal.
Covers are also essential for the futon mattress for two reasons:
· Protect them from dirt and stains
· It will add, more decor to the room
You can quickly remove covers and wash them in the machine, but you can also find different covers for one mattress so that you can change them from time to time.
You can choose different patterns, colors, designs, so we recommend you to match it with your interior design and personality of the home. Especially, with queen size futon mattress, it is necessary to choose a cover which fits the mattress dimension.
We have presented you a thorough guide on how to choose the best futon mattress. There are different things that you should have in mind such as size, materials, frame, and other factors that will provide you additional comfort and visual appeal.
If you have your ideas on this particular topic, feel free to comment on the section below, and we will answer you on short notice.