DeFi.org & DappRadar Launch $100k Developers Grant for The Open DeFi Notification Protocol!
📢📢 CALLING ALL DEVELOPERS!!
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol by defi.org is a free-for-use, community-inspired initiative to provide users with decentralized and free mobile notifications for all sorts of on-chain events. The Protocol is powered by the Orbs network and will be executed by its decentralized network of independent nodes, known as the Orbs Guardians.
$100,000 Developer Grant Program!
This grant will focus on teams contributing new projects to the Notification protocol!
The Open DeFi Notification Protocol is an open-source project allowing anyone to contribute and integrate notifications. With a quick and simple integration on Github, developers can provide free mobile notifications for any DeFi project for important events like accumulated pending rewards, price swings, near liquidations, stop loss, contract upgrades, new governance votes and more.
- Start date: 30/05/22
- End date: 30/09/22
- Duration: 4 months
- Grants: Available total of up to $100,000, with up to $10k per dev team
Winners and final grant amounts will be chosen by a committee of the defi.org mentors who will score entries based on the following parameters:
- Project contributions: team must contribute at least 1 project to be eligible for receiving the grant. However, more contributions will earn more points from the judges.
- Active notifications: The more active notifications for your project contributions, the better!
- Innovation: Teams are encouraged to make use of the existing projects and use-cases found in this repo. However, new and innovative use cases and integrations will earn extra points.
- Social media presence: At least one tweet announcing your contribution tagging @orbs_network, @DappRadar, and @DefiOrg. However, additional social media activities such as educational blog posts, tutorial videos, etc., will get extra consideration from the judges.
Once ready, dev teams need to submit their entry in this FORM.
A DeFi.org mentors committee will select winners, in their sole discretion, based on the criteria above.
So what are you waiting for?!
Join us to earn up to $100,000 in developers grants!
This class is then contributed via PR to the protocol Github repo. The whole process takes about 30 minutes for someone familiar with the project’s smart contracts. There’s no need to run any backend, develop any UI or make any modification to the project’s smart contracts.
Here are additional information and links:
Integration Example: Aave
Here is the integration that allows Aave users to get notified when their position health factor drops below 1.1:
Once the PR is accepted, the project will immediately appear inside the mobile app with this new notification type enabled. You can control the project label, logo and colors by adding a small JSON file next to the class.
DeFi.org is super excited to launch its first ever developers grant together with DappRaddar, the leading and most popular websites for crypto devs.
We are looking forward to seeing what projects developers can contribute to the Open DeFi Notification Protocol in order to make it the standard notifications protocol for DeFi apps.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at the defi.org Telegram channel for more information!
The DeFi.org Accelerator is dedicated to supporting research, development of open-source software, and community engagement. The accelerator looks for projects that are built on the principles of fair distribution, community ownership, innovation, responsible approach to risk, sustainable economics and composability with the broader ecosystem.
Participants get a variety of benefits, including mentorship, funding opportunities, and market exposure.
Interested teams can apply to participate at https://DeFi.org/.