117. Confession of Sin
Today’s reading: “The Ministry of Healing” pp. 228–229b.
Today’s reading is for “those who desire prayer”. Not everyone wants us to pray for their “restoration to health,” but for those who do, before we pray we must make it clear that,
- Violation of God’s law, natural or spiritual is sin
- This sin must be confessed and forsaken for God to bless.
- “We cannot read the heart, or know the secrets of your life. These are known only to yourself and to God. If you repent of your sins, it is your duty to make confession of them.”
- Private sins are to be confessed to our advocate, Jesus Christ
- Open sin is to be openly confessed
- Wrongs done to others such as slander, divisiveness, leading others into sin must be confessed to God and to those offended.
- These wrongs are to be made right.
Then we can calmly pray to the LORD in faith “as His Spirit may indicate. He knows each individual by name, and cares for each as if there were not another upon the earth for whom He gave His beloved Son.”
- Encourage cheerful trust in God’s great, unfailing love because,
He knows each individual by name, and cares for each as if there were not another upon the earth for whom He gave His beloved Son.
- Also encourage cheerful trust in God’s great, unfailing love because,
To be anxious about themselves tends to cause weakness and disease.
- Look to God and His mercy not to their depressing situation.