Podcrypt Update 1
Hey everyone, I hope all is well for you. I’m planning to do more regular updates with Podcrypt, so here’s my first shot at it.
What have we been up to at Podcrypt?
First off, the team has grown to two people. Welcome Donald! Donald is going to be helping out with software development and is currently learning the ropes.
A number of improvements have been made to the app. One of the most exciting changes is probably the UI overhaul. I’m hoping it looks quite a bit better :) It still isn’t the best on desktop, but it’s getting there. The mobile story has definitely improved. Check it out for yourself: podcrypt.app
We’ve also got a new logo…
Here are a few other improvements:
- Delete podcasts from the app
- Play episodes directly from the podcast and episode overviews
- No more white screen of death appearing sometimes on first load on mobile
- Fixed weird route reloading issues
- Drop-down option to add all episodes of a podcast to the playlist
- Lots of structural improvements to the CSS
- Basic automated tests for payouts
- Payout processing loading indicator
- Automatically fill out entire email in your email app to send to non-verified podcasts to get them on board: https://podcrypt.app/not-verified-help?feedUrl=http://unchained.libsyn.com/unchained&podcastEmailfirstname.lastname@example.org
We are right on track to launch Podcrypt Beta sometime in May. The next big milestone which I’ll be attempting to tackle in the next week or two is podcast downloads so that you can listen offline. We’ll see how that goes!
If you want to help out, please use the app! It would be especially helpful for people to start using the payments functionality. I’d like at least 10 independent users to send payments before launching Podcrypt Beta.
As always, suggestions on anything are welcome. The best place to reach out is the Telegram group: https://t.me/podcrypt