Here’s Who’s Building on Quorum — See The List
Check out these projects using Quorum’s private/permissioned blockchain!
[Updated August 2019]
Please note that these range from proof of concept to production ready and are not all officially recognized. This is a list of what is publicly available online.
As Quorum is an open-source project, not all use-cases are listed. Please submit your Quorum project here to be considered for this featured post.
- JPM Coin — Instant settlement of transactions between clients of the bank’s wholesale payments business
- IHS Markit — Quorum blockchain-based system to handle the payments leg of syndicated loan trading — and eventually, a wider range of financial transactions.
Interbank payments with Central Banks
- Project Ubin — Monetary Authority of Singapore and ConsenSys are bringing wholesale payments in digital SDG on chain, with netting and liquidity savings mechanisms built in
- Project Khokha — South African Reserve Bank selected a Quorum blockchain-based system for interbank clearance and settlement
Commercial Bank Payments
- Adhara — A real time, multi-currency global liquidity management and international payments platform based on tokenized money over a smart contract-enabled distributed ledger.
Central Bank/ State Agency Data Exchange
- Brazil Central Bank — Alternative settlement system for enhanced resilience. Also — facilitating data exchange with other institutions, such as the private insurance regular (Susep), the securities commission (CVM), and the pension authority (Previc)
Sanctions Info Sharing
- Interbank Information Network (IIN) — J.P. Morgan, ANZ, RBC, and 75+ others aim to minimize friction in the global payments process, enabling payments to reach beneficiaries faster and with fewer steps. By leveraging Quorum’s blockchain, IIN reduces the time correspondent banks currently spend responding to compliance and other data-related inquiries that delay payments.
Marketplace for Loans
- Skeps — A blockchain marketplace that facilitates unsecured loans (formerly SteamSource Technologies).
- National Bank of Canada — tested a new blockchain platform for issuing financial instruments with the National Bank of Canada and other large firms seeking to streamline origination, settlement, interest rate payments and other processes.
- KOMGO — Changing the way financiers transact with clients and other parties in the ecosystem. Apart from improving the speed of conducting transactions, benefits include the ability for all parties to monitor the operation’s progress in real time, easy data verification, reduced risk of fraud, as well as a shorter cash cycle.
- AGM on Blockchain — Santander, Broadridge, Northern Trust, and J.P. Morgan aiming to improve AGM voting transparency between issuers and investors
Commodity Post-Trade Processing
- VAKT — Upgrading the paper-based trading process of the oil and gas energy value chain to solve trapped data, risk of fraud losses, and lower operating costs. Vakt is built on Quorum blockchain and created by an industry consortium including Shell, BP, ABN Amro, ING, and Societe Generale.
Supply Chain Finance
- BSOS — Supply Chain Finance Platform — A blockchain platform where suppliers can apply for accounts receivable financing to banks with the invoices confirmed by buyers.
- Block Ledger (formerly Ledgerium) — Luca — a decentralized accounting ledger system — Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) which rationalizes debtors and creditors by putting the hash on to blockchain to allow verifying authenticity and provide proof of the occurrence, completeness, accuracy, cut-off of all the transactions.
- DrumG/Titanium Network — Decentralized, anonymous and cryptographically secured consensus pricing network for OTC market data built on next-generation Ethereum for investment bank trading and valuation operations.
Supply Chain Tracking
- Easy Trading Connect— Louis Dreyfus, ING, Shandong Bohi Industry Co., Ltd (Bohi), Societe Generale and ABN Amro successfully completed the first full agricultural commodity transaction on Quorum blockchain via soybean shipment tracking.
- SUKU — Industry agnostic supply chain solution powered by blockchain
- LVMH — Owner of the iconic Louis Vuitton label, prepares to launch a blockchain for proving the authenticity of high-priced goods
- Starbucks — Implementing Microsoft’s Azure Blockchain Service and Quorum to track coffee production
- Eximchain — Protocol for scalable, public blockchain networks with privacy for enterprise supply chain applications. Eximchain enables businesses to connect, transact, and share information more efficiently and securely.
- Chronicled — Gold Bar Tracking — Headed by Emergent, Chronicled is a blockchain-secured IoT solutions by demonstrating how both a deed of title and a bar of gold, secured with tamper proof form factors protecting NFC PKI identity chips, are registered to a Quorum blockchain.
3. Cross Industry
Healthcare Provider Data
- Synaptic Healthcare Alliance — Industry-wide database of healthcare providers for patients tackling the high cost of healthcare provider data management, testing the premise that administrative costs and data quality can be improved by sharing provider data inputs and changes made by different parties across a blockchain.
- State Farm + USAA — Using blockchain to automate the time-consuming and paper-heavy processing of automobile claims by replacing existing systems for subrogation.
- Blockone IQ — Media giant Thomson Reuters is opening up its data to smart contract authors building on private versions of the Ethereum blockchain to leverage accurate data about share prices, exchange rates, financial benchmarks and more.
- Video Game Royalties — Microsoft and Ernst & Young are working on a blockchain solution expected to reduce processing time and faster tracking of royalties first in the video game industry. Their goal is to increase trust and transparency between industry players, significantly reduce operational inefficiencies in the rights and royalties management process, and eliminate the need for costly manual reconciliation and partner reviews.
- Alastria— The world’s first regulated blockchain ecosystem is a non-profit ecosystem comprising of over 70 Spanish firms including BBVA, Santander, Telefonica, University of Girona, University of Malaga, and the University of Valencia among others. Red Alastria is what the Blockchain Infrastructure is called and ID Alastria is their digital identity standard.
Airlines Refund Payout
- Travacoin — Digital payment system built on blockchain which enables airlines to refund and compensate passengers in a timely manner when a disruption occurs
Project Vento — Oaken Innovations, Brisa, A to Be, and Via Verde produced a blockchain powered automotive commerce platform, using tolling as the first application. Assuming future automobiles are enabled with blockchain-powered identity and connected devices, they integrated RFID and a mobile application that directly communicates with their blockchain platform on Quorum/ Ethereum to process real-time toll road transactions.
5. Platforms, Tools and Education
- Synechron — Quorum Maker — A tool that allows users to create and manage a Quorum network.
- Truffle Suite — Development environment, testing framework and asset pipeline for blockchains using the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)
- Chainstack — A control panel for blockchains. Multi-cloud, multi-protocol Platform as a Service. Rapidly build, deploy and manage blockchain networks and services.
- Comae Technologies — Blockchain analysis of implementation and security
- Blockdaemon — Infrastructure and testing provider where you can deploy in a few steps, decentralize your infrastructure with multiple cloud providers, white-label your own control panel and integrate existing systems or APIs.
- BlockTEST — Develops and optimizes blockchain solutions to enhance the flow of goods, data and finances.
- LayerX — Technical consulting, proof of concept development, reporting, security auditing and blockchain integration targeting Japanese market.
- 9th Gear — A marketplace where institutional traders and lenders come together for faster, more secure and lower risk trades that are open to vastly more participants.
- ProofSuite — Financial technology research and development
- Kaleido — Cloud platform for building and running enterprise blockchain solutions
- SAP — Cloud deployment and hosting
- Liquefy — Enables digitization of assets such as private companies, public shares, funds, real estate and any other assets using blockchain
- Microsoft — Azure Managed blockchain service and cloud hosting with Quorum
- BSOS — BridgeX — Middleware Technology for Enterprise-level Blockchain Solution connecting business data and blockchain.
- Web3 Labs (formerly blk.io) — Deployment, management and development of blockchain platform and smart contract development.
- Netethereum — Nethereum is the .Net integration library for Ethereum, simplifying the access and smart contract interaction with Ethereum nodes both public or permissioned like Geth, Parity or Quorum.
- B9 Lab — B9lab was one of the first to come out with a quality online training course for aspiring Ethereum developers back in 2016. Today, their global learning community has grown to more than 13,000 students in 125 countries and certification program is among the most reputable in the blockchain space.
- Blockmatics — Their goal is to help individuals and organizations leverage the power of blockchain technology through education, research and professional training.