TypeScript Essentials 💡
9 chapters, 9 essentials.
I started learning TypeScript a year ago, just before joining Dashlane.
At that time I was playing around with TypeScript and built a Spotify GraphQL Client using it.
I then started to write an article about “5 things to know when writing a Typescript npm module” because I found not everything was smooth and easy in Typescript. ⬇️
Cause targeting Node.js and TypeScript in one module isn’t that easy.medium.com
One year later, this article is still very popular as I write this line because of the hurdles newcomers continue to get into.
So I thought I would write some more tips I found working with on a daily basis (at work and open-source) that I wish I had when starting out.
There will be 9 chapters :
- Why use TypeScript, good and bad reasons ⚖️
- The honest trailer: pros and cons 📺
- Learn the basics 📖
- Generics and overload 👨🔬
- Super-types: unions, key-type and more 💪
- Make types “real”, the type guard functions 💂
- Tooling: webpack, TSlint ⚙️
- Winning use-cases: when TypeScript take you to an other level 🎉
- Writing a NPM module (updated version) 📦
I really hope theses articles will help you to make your own opinion on TypeScript and assist in getting up to speed with the language.
All chapters link will be updated on this introduction article, make sure to follow my profile to be notified of each chapter release ( every 2 weeks ).
See you at Why use TypeScript, good and bad reasons and follow me to be notified of new chapters ! 👋