Note: Chroma is no longer in the Mac App Store for compatibility reasons. This post is up just for archival purposes. It may come back in the future, but not for a while. In the meantime– I recommend using Apple’s HomeKit.
“The best way to manage Hue lights from macOS”
– User xadammr, Mac App Store
Chroma is the best Philips Hue controller for macOS. Manage your groups, access your scenes, and quickly control lights with a menubar helper. You can find Chroma here in the Mac App Store.
Chroma for Hue 3.0 was the #2 Product of The Day on ProductHunt for 12/29/17. Thanks for your support everyone!
Chroma is a Philips Hue controller for macOS I originally released in 2014. It needed a compatibility update for macOS’ High Sierra update, so I took some time over the holidays and added some new features too. Check out the notes, and feel free to let me know what you think at @aaronykng on Twitter.
What’s new in Chroma 3.0:
High Sierra Compatibility
- Chroma is now fully compatible with High Sierra.
- You can now access your scenes from the color picker by default.
- Create new scenes by going to the ‘Add Menu’ in the bottom left.
- Now supports Zigbee lights linked to a Hue bridge.
- I’ve added a tip jar in the about menu for anyone that’d like to continue supporting development!
Misc. Update Notes
- Animation fixes and small improvements.
- Updated to the new Hue SDK.