The first ever Initial Coin Offering (ICO), a form of crowdfunding with cryptocurrency took place way back in 2013 — long before the explosion of cryptocurrencies in 2017, raising around $500,000 in Bitcoin.
As the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry continues to grow, so has the ICO market. In just the first 5 months of 2018, a total of 537 ICOs have raised over $13.7 billion, more than all pre-2018 ICOs combined.
However, over the years, investors have grown more discerning over the ICO craze with it being a largely unregulated area and many projects failing to fulfil investor’s expectations. Research has shown that over 81% of ICO’s were scams, being unable to complete project development duties with the raised funds.
As compared to traditional IPOs, ICOs still prove to have vast potential, with its democratic nature which enables anyone and everyone to become investors. So how can investors tap on this lucrative market while minimising the risks involved?
Reverse ICOs, a form of ICOs created by already established companies may just be the solution.
Reverse ICOs vs ICOs
So what exactly is a Reverse ICO and what makes it different from ICOs? Simply put, ICOs are typically started by start-ups, with a lack of market history.
Reverse ICOs, on the other hand, are started by established companies with a long-standing history in the market looking to grow or evolve their already successful ventures with blockchain technology.
Why is investing in Reverse ICO a better deal for investors?
Being established, companies running Reverse ICOs typically already have a working product and a proven track record, with real-world users and existing communities. This is very different from traditional ICOs, which often do not even have a working product and just a MVP, with a recent E&Y report showing that only 29% of 2017 ICOs have delivered a product.
Reverse ICOs with their enhanced value proposition, existing infrastructure, experienced team and proven track record can thus act as an effective filter and make performing due diligence a lot easier for prospective investors. This will help investors minimise the risks involved with the investment and ensure a better return of investment.
Introducing ArcadierX, the world’s first reverse ICO by a leading marketplace builder
As a Reverse ICO, ArcadierX, the brainchild of Arcadier, a leading marketplace builder tick all the boxes as a worthy investment for prospective investors — here are some reasons why:
Existing product with strong communities
- Since its launch in 2016, Arcadier has hosted over 7,000 marketplaces, supporting marketplace operators in over 170 countries, hosting over tens of thousands of sellers, merchants and hosting over five hundred million of products and services.
- Project ArcadierX was initiated to further harness the strength of Arcadier’s ecosystem through deploying and integrating blockchain and advanced technological enhancements onto Arcadier’s existing marketplace platform.
Supported by strategic partnerships
- Arcadier has been managing close to 45 partnership agreements for its current business, ranging from Blockchain & Crypto, Logistics, Payment, Development Partners and more.
- Some prominent partnerships include payment gateway PayPal and United Nations Office for Project Services’ (UNOPS) Defeat Non-Communicable Diseases (NCD) Partnership. Arcadier has also partnered with projects in the blockchain industry, such as Blue Whale Foundation, a blockchain-based decentralised ecosystem for freelance workers to find gigs and projects for fair remuneration and Alchemy, a newly established crypto-currency payment gateway provider aiming to attain the role of Visa in the world of cryptocurrencies.
- Arcadier has been continuously identifying and developing strategic partnerships that will accelerate and improve the development of its blockchain model and improve the delivery of its marketplace model.
Strong and experienced team
- ArcadierX’s team is made up of a diverse and passionate group of industry experts striving towards the common goal of disrupting the Ecommerce industry with blockchain technology.
- The founding team consists of veterans in the Ecommerce and online payments industry with CEO and CCO, Dinuke and Kenneth being founding members of PayPal Asia Pacific. The three co-founders, Dinuke Ranasinghe, Paul J Cascun and Kenneth Low hold over 30 years of collective experience in the Ecommerce and online payments industry.
Proven track record
- Arcadier marketplace platform is highly sought after by enterprise clients. In 2018 alone, Arcadier won three engagements: a B2C parent-targeted marketplace for OCBC Bank (public listed and Singapore headquartered financial group), a B2B/G2B cocoa trading marketplace for the Cross River State in Nigeria, and B2B/B2G procurement marketplace for the United Nations.
- Over the last three years, Arcadier has earned various accolades and nominations in recognition of its efforts in innovation and contribution to the eCommerce industry. These awards included Millennial 20/20 (Commerce Enabler), SME 100 (Fast Moving Companies), SITF (Best Innovative Company), OCBC & Business Times (Emerging Enterprise) and Growth Action Plan winner by Enterprise Singapore.
With the large amount of ICOs in the market, it is important that all investors perform their due diligence on prospective ICOs, to improve the chance of a successful investment, especially in this bear market.
Reverse ICOs thus seem more promising and of value with an already proven product and use cases, as compared to traditional ICOs, when sometimes all the project has to show is a MVP.
Learn more about ArcadierX and its value propositions at ArcadierX’s offical website right now.
Participate in ArcadierX Reverse ICO
Join ArcadierX on our official channels for the latest updates
♦️ Telegram: https://t.me/ArcadierX
♦️ Reddit — https://www.reddit.com/r/ArcadierX/
♦️ Bitcointalk — https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5077737.0
♦️ Website: arcadierx.io
♦️ Github: https://github.com/arcadierx/
♦️ Email: email@example.com
ArcadierX is a project designed and developed by world leading marketplace SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) provider, Arcadier to deploy and integrate blockchain and advanced technological enhancements onto Arcadier’s existing marketplace platform in a phased approach.
These new capabilities aim to develop Arcadier into a fully integrated intelligent eCommerce ecosystem comprising of core blockchain characteristics focusing on aspects such as inventory distribution (Arcadier Hub), reputation trust (Arcadier Trust), payments traceability (ARCTX), provenance assurance, trade financing and data analytics.