We’re proud to present the first use case of the Cardstack architecture: the Cardstack TGE Dashboard, a web application for token generation events. Anyone who has contributed to a token event before knows the complexity and difficulty of the process. Our mobile-friendly web app aims to solve this problem.
For the first time, using an intuitive dashboard on cardstack.com, participants in the Cardstack Token Generation Event will be able to check their status, choose their next actions, and track the overall progress of the fundraiser in real time. Users will have access to all the accounts, data, and communications that they need to participate in our TGE, in one cohesive experience. Our app gives users a powerful on-ramp to Cardstack’s token ecosystem — and potentially any token ecosystem of the future.
The TGE dashboard is powered by our data orchestration layer, the Cardstack Hub. The Hub uses plugins to seamlessly merge on- and off-chain data sources, allowing apps built on the Hub to update information instantly using integrated APIs and websockets, reducing the work that users have to do. This dashboard demonstrates our fully functional plugins for IdentityMind Global for KYC/AML, Auth0 for user identity, and Ethereum/Geth for smart contract synchronization, all automatically deployed to cloud services powered by AWS.
We plan a lot more improvements on the UX and the plugins, but this is an important first step. As with everything in Cardstack, all our development is done as open sourced and you can access the open source code at github.com/cardstack.
We hope you enjoy using this minimum viable product, a key milestone toward Cardstack’s vision. We would love to hear your feedback as we build upon this architecture to create the experience layer of the decentralized internet.
The TGE dashboard is now live and accepting KYC and whitelisting applications.
We anticipate very high demand, so you may experience some congestion while using this app during peak times. If you encounter issues, please be patient and try again a little later.
The start date for the Crowd Fundraiser (Batch C) of the Cardstack Token Generation Event is May 31, 2018. On that date, approved participants will be able to return to the TGE app on cardstack.com and follow the steps to contribute to Cardstack’s Ethereum smart contract. A detailed walkthrough for the contribution process will be provided soon.
Note: We cannot include contributors who are residents or citizens of the United States, Cuba, Iran, or North Korea.
The following is a walkthrough for the KYC/Whitelisting process using the Cardstack TGE dashboard.*
*This post was edited May 16.
- Type https://cardstack.com/ into your browser.
- From the top-right navigation, press Log In / Sign Up. On mobile, press the menu icon in the top-right, then press Log In / Sign Up.
- If this is your first time using the dashboard, use the Sign Up tab (Figure 1). Even if you pre-registered for our whitelist, you must sign up here to use the dashboard.
- If you have submitted an email address to Cardstack previously (e.g. mailing list, whitelist pre-signup, etc.), make sure to use the same email when signing up.
- You will receive an email to confirm your account creation.
- When you log in, you should see the Dashboard. Or, from the homepage, find the left-hand navigation bar and select your user icon. On the menu that appears, select Dashboard. This menu also contains an option to change your password. Note: There is no option to change the name used on your dashboard profile. The name you use here will not affect your KYC application.
- The dashboard contains a welcome card. Beneath it, you should see a panel for Batch C — Crowd Fundraiser.
- Before the start of the TGE, the top module will display the whitelisting deadline and the projected TGE start date. After the TGE begins, this module will display a countdown to the end of the contribution period.
Preparing for the TGE
- In order to contribute in the Cardstack TGE, you must complete KYC/AML and whitelisting using the web app before the stated deadline.
- There are four steps contained in the KYC / Whitelisting module: Accept Agreement, Submit KYC/AML, Provide Ethereum Address, and Upload Form A. Follow the prompts to complete the steps.
For Users Approved by Bitcoin Suisse
If you have already completed KYC/AML for Cardstack through Bitcoin Suisse, you may skip most of this process. Log in to your dashboard using the email address of your Bitcoin Suisse account. On your dashboard, you will only have to Accept Agreement and Provide Ethereum Address.
- The first step requires you to certify that you have read Cardstack’s Whitepaper and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the TGE.
- Press Begin.
- The Terms and Conditions can be downloaded as a PDF.
- After reading the terms, press Accept and Continue.
- The second step requires you to fill out a KYC/AML Compliance form with your personal details, and then upload files to verify your identity.
- Press Begin.
- Fill out the Submission Form. If you have submitted personal information to Cardstack previously, please make sure the information you provide here matches your previous submission(s).
- The form will be pre-filled with the name you provided when signing up. However, you may edit this field (Figure 3). The name you enter here must be the same as listed on your passport.
- Double-check your name, address, and date of birth. We cannot change it for you later on if you make a mistake!
- Proceed to Upload Identification. Review the Document Capture Best Practices.
- Upload a Passport Scan. This must be a state-issued, international passport that shows your signature. Make sure your image is clear and detailed; low-quality images will be rejected. National IDs from Schengen States will be accepted—please upload both the front and back of the ID in one file. Other national IDs will not be accepted.
- Upload a Proof of Address. This should be a scanned image or a photo of a complete document dated within the last 3 months that lists your name and residential address. Acceptable documents include bank statements, utility bills, ID, or a household registration. Documents must be in a Latin alphabet. If not, please attach a translation certified by a notarized translation agency. Self-translations will not be accepted.
- Upload a Passport Selfie. This is a full color portrait of yourself holding your passport/Schengen ID as shown in the provided example. (This must be the same passport/ID you provided as a passport scan.)
- Double-check your information. Once you submit your KYC application, it is difficult to make changes.
- Press Submit Application.
- You should see an Approval Pending screen (Figure 4). At this point, our KYC/AML system backed by IdentityMind Global will perform an automated screening of your information.
- Press Return to Dashboard.
- If your Submit KYC/AML status has changed to Pending, please continue to the next step.
Provide Ethereum Address
- The third step requires you to submit an Ethereum address to be whitelisted for sending contributions to the Cardstack Token smart contract.
- Press Begin.
- Please read the instructions carefully. The Ethereum address must be under your direct control via an ERC20 compatible wallet. Do not use a hosted wallet (e.g. Coinbase, Poloniex, Kraken) or your funds will be lost.
- The Whitelist Address for Contribution card contains a blank field to provide an Ethereum address. Paste your Ethereum address here (Figure 7).
- Once you have pasted a correctly formatted Ethereum address, a link will appear to view your address details on EtherScan.
- Click View address details on Etherscan to verify that the address you provided is correct.
- Press Submit Address.
- You should see an Address Submitted confirmation card. You may Change Address or Return to Dashboard.
- For security reasons, we will manually input your address into the Cardstack Token Smart Contract shortly before the TGE start date. Until then, your Provide Ethereum Address status will read Pending (Figure 8).
Upload Form A
- The final step requires you to submit Form A, a hand-signed document that confirms you are the sole owner of the digital assets you intend to contribute to the Cardstack TGE. You should do this immediately—we cannot process your KYC application without Form A.
- Press Begin (Figure 5).
- Please download Form A and print it out.
- Leave “AML Contract Number” blank.
- Sign and date your physical copy of Form A by hand. Important: Forms signed electronically using Adobe Acrobat or other image editing software will be rejected.
- Upload a scanned copy or high-resolution photograph of your hand-signed Form A. The file size limit is 4 MB.
- Once you see a success message, press Return to Dashboard.
- Now, your KYC application will be manually reviewed. This process could take some time. You will receive an email when there is a change in your application status.
- Your status for Upload Form A should now read Pending (Figure 6).
Once you have finished the workflow, please allow some time for your application to be reviewed. You will receive an email when the status of your application changes.
If you made a mistake while submitting your application, please contact email@example.com.
If we require additional documentation from you, we will contact you through an authorized email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. As always, note that we will never solicit funds from you over email, private message, or social media.
The start date for the Crowd Fundraiser (Batch C) of the Cardstack Token Generation Event is May 31, 2018. On that date, approved participants will be able to return to the TGE app on https://cardstack.com and follow the steps to contribute to Cardstack’s Ethereum smart contract. A detailed walkthrough for the contribution process will be provided soon.
- We will never, under any circumstances, solicit funds from you via email, private message, or social media.
- All contributions must be sent directly to Cardstack’s Ethereum smart contract address, which will be made available only through the TGE web app on cardstack.com at the start of the Token Generation Event.
- If you are in doubt or notice any suspicious activity, please message the admins in our official Telegram group: https://t.me/cardstack.
Nothing herein constitutes an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any tokens, nor shall there be any offer, solicitation, or sale of Cardstack Tokens (CARD) in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation, or sale would be unlawful. You should carefully read and fully understand this white paper and any updates. Every potential token contributor will be required to undergo an onboarding process that includes identity verification and certain other documentation, which you should read carefully and understand fully, because you will be legally bound. Please make sure to consult with appropriate advisors and others.