Time to Rhyme [Closed]
A call for collab
To say it has been awhile is perhaps an understatement, but here we are. Please forgive my lack of creative productivity and instead talk about a nice little collab we could do, shall we?
Time to Rhyme is a chain poem collaboration. It has been awhile for me writing with some form, and I like that rhyming forces me to be a bit more creative than I sometimes get to without the major headache that *ahem a Villainevil might do.
How can you join?
This is pretty straightforward as far as our collab goes. All you need to do is:
- Check out some of our poems listed here. They are rhyming poems of some sorts, you can also browse through the Chalkboard archives for any rhyming poems for starters.
- Choose rhyming words from the main rhyme scheme (the four words don’t have to all be of the same rhyme, they can be 2 sets of rhymes)
- Use the rhyming words anywhere in your poem. They don’t need to form part of your rhyme scheme. However, your poem must also rhyme so someone else can use it as the seed for their poem.
- Tag your poem with “Rhyme Time” and “Chalkboard”. If you want to, you can add other tags.
- Add this snippet at the bottom of your work
I used rhyming words from
[link to the original poem you used rhymes from]
6. All regular Chalkboard policies apply, e.g. use images, attributions, etc.
7. Publish your poem by submitting it as a draft to Chalkboard (if you’re not a writer yet for Chalkboard, just respond to this story to ask one of us editors to be added!). You can also publish it elsewhere as long as the correct links in the footer are followed. Note that if you publish it through Chalkboard, others may find your poem and use them as seeds for their own work!
You have until 10th of September to join this collab!
Have loads of fun!