Table of Contents
Content Curation Official Guide
Curation for Learning
- Best Way To Learn Any Subject: Curation
- Why Curation Revolutionizes Education and Learning
- 1. Decreasing Value of University Degrees
(and other academic certifications)
- 2. Increasing Reliance on Skills and Experience in Job Recruitment
- 3. From Teaching to Diving: Memorizing Facts Is Not Good Enough
- 4. Learn for Free: The Commoditization of Educational Content
(OER is here)
- 5. Textbooks Show Aging Signs: Curated Guides Are Next
- 6. Overabundance of Disorganized and Unverified Information
(search is broken)
- 7. Linkrot: The Very Short Lifespan of Online Content and Resources
- 8. Anyone Can Teach Anything — Everyone Can Study Any Topic
- 9. Weapons of Individual Transformation: Content Curation Tools
- 10. The Rise of Trusted Guides
Curation for Marketing
- Content Curation Takes Time
- Delivery Formats
Curation for Search
Curation and Culture
Content Curation & Cultural Heritage
The social value of selecting and organizing existing content
The Content Curator
- The Identikit of a Professional Content Curator
- Content Curator Identikit: 1) General Traits
- Content Curator Identikit: 2) Communication Skills
- Content Curator Identikit: 3) Tech Know-How
2. Bad Curator vs Good Curator
5. Great Content Curators
- How To Monetize Curated Content
Business models and monetization approaches for those who collect and organize existing information resources
- Top Tools
- Basic Feature Checklist for Curation Tools
- Advanced Feature Checklist for Curation Tools
References — Bibliography
Hi, I am Robin Good and I am working on a book that I am tentatively titling Content Curation Official Guide.
I am writing this book to help anyone interested in learning what content curation is, what benefits it can bring to those using it, and which are the skills, the steps and the tools needed to practice it.
I have chosen to publicly share with you, the contents that I will be writing in this book, as you are the person I am writing this book for, and you better than anyone else can provide valuable insights and critique on how to improve the contents of this book to make an invaluable resource for you.
The first thing I am sharing here below is the draft of my table of contents with the objective of getting as much feedback and comments on its structure and contents.
Feel free to share your critique, suggestions and ideas as this is exactly what I am looking for.
Tentative titles for the book:
- You are the new Google
- Become the New Google
- Content Curation Official Guide
Who is this book for:
- Journalists, bloggers, independent publishers
- Educators, professors, teachers
- Subject-matter experts
- Trainers, guides, coaches
- Content marketers
Would you like to see other issues and topics covered in this upcoming book?
Do suggest what you see missing or lacking.
I am very much interested in receiving critical feedback and suggestions.
It is the best present you can give me.