Coming Out of a Slump
It’s been 11 days since my last entry. I failed my commitment to publish at least once a week. I’ve been in a slump. I realize that I should not let day to day sales sway my emotions so much, but they do. Maybe it’s a good thing that they do. The only way out of a sales slump is to get more customers.
The only way out of a sales slump is to get more customers.
I’ve done a few things to remedy the situation.
- I created an entirely new ad set for Instagram.
- I doubled the delivery area.
- I ordered new flyers and promo cards to distribute at local coffee shops.
- I created a cold email template to make partnerships with local residential complexes, office buildings, and hotels.
- I scheduled a meeting with a building manager of 4 upscale buildings in Uptown Dallas.
All this I’ve done just in the last few days. I won’t see the results for a while so in the meantime, I’m going to start passing out flyers again, in the form of door hangers of course.
And I’m going to start writing these blogs again regularly, and putting my current to do list at the bottom like I used to.
If things are staying on the to do list too long, I want it to be evident. I want it to be public. That has always been the purpose of this blog: accountability.
There are also small bits of good news.
- I got my first customer from the door hangers I passed out last month.
- I got my first customer through my deal with Delivery.com.
- My sales in April are not horrible. They will be very close to March, slightly above or slightly below.
I feel like I’ve lost momentum that I need to get back. It’s time to get to work.
To Do List Update
- Fix website. Make it easier for repeat customers to reorder.
- Hang door hangers at Mockingbird Station Complex.
- Scope out coffee shops . Find bulletin boards.
- Meet with Camille, building manager at Alara + 3 other buildings.
- Blog — How to Prove Testimonials on Your Website
- Blog — Using the First Deal as Leverage for the Next
- Blog — Why I’m Abandoning Organic Laundry Detergent
- Hang door hangers at 4320 Travis Complex.
- Design Snapchat geofilter.