Unexpected Launch Delays
I have not been able to move at the speed I would like because of unexpected delays. For example, I still have not received my business debit card or delivery uniforms. It can be frustrating at times when you get held up by things that are out of your control.
Nonetheless, I have to keep moving forward. I have to shake off these instances of frustration because there is plenty of other work to be done.
It looks like my card will be here tomorrow and uniforms on Monday. In the meantime I’m going to work on making my ad copy better.
Going forward, I’m posting an updated to do list at the bottom of each post. That means it will be published more often and I will have better data to look back on. Here is the current list:
- Purchase a weighing scale & sturdy basket for weighing.
- Finish the ad copy (text & visual) and run the ads.
- Move automatically deducted expenses from personal to new business account — Strikingly / Apple / Google / T-mobile / Typeform / Mailchimp / Xero.
- Create a pick up & delivery calendar. Link it to the spreadsheet if possible.
- Design print material — referrals.
- Obtain health insurance
- Obtain workers comp insurance.
- Obtain Solicitor’s Permit http://www.dallaspolice.net/SolicitorsPermit/Solicitors_ordinance.html
Sorry for such a short update. I need to get my ad copy ready to deploy in the next couple of days. If you want to get to know me, add me on Snapchat!
This story is part of a series documenting the journey of a 2016 Dallas startup called Feather. If you would like to read more, here is the Table of Contents for the series.
Previous story: A Quick Glance at My Marketing Strategy
Next Story: Open for Business on Facebook & Instagram