Creating your own app can cost you anywhere between Rs. 2 lakhs to 1 crore depending on the complexity. There are many complexities of making your own app. It’s not as easy as creating your own website. Even if you create your own app, consumers don’t like to download individual apps.
Goodbox has solved this problem by giving businesses a Mini App within minutes and giving consumers a Mega App through which they can access 1000s of Mini Apps. Businesses can manage your own Mini App without any external help and without knowing any technology.
Read more to know about how you can get your Mini App up and running within a few minutes.
Creating My Mini App
Setting up My Mini App
- Edit products / services
- Edit price of products / service
- I have a large catalog of products. Is there any bulk upload option?
- Update service areas
Accepting Online Payments
- Enable Online Payments for my business?
- Online payment gateway charges
- When will I get money in my bank? What is the settlement period?
- How can I request for a payment? What is Good Pay?
- How can I send a receipt to my customers? What is Good Receipt?
Marketing My Mini App
About Goodbox — What is a Mini App and Goodbox Mega App?
A Mini App is like an app, without all the headache associated with getting your own app. Goodbox doesn’t create individual apps for businesses. Instead it helps businesses create a Mini App. A Mini App is an app within the Goodbox Mega App.
Imagine Goodbox Mega App to be like a mall which has millions of mini shops. Consumers prefer visiting a mall to visiting individual shops that are scattered all over the city. However, a Mini App is your business’ individual identity — it’s as good as your own app. Goodbox just charges a fixed fee to help you get a Mini App. No commission.
Read this for more details about Mini Apps.
Goodbox Partner App: Businesses use the Goodbox Partner App to edit and make changes to their Mini App. They can also handle customer queries / chats through this app.
Goodbox Mega App: Consumers download the Goodbox Mega App to access Mini Apps of 1000s of businesses.
Creating My Mini App
- How is Goodbox Mini App better than an individual App?
- Cost: A basic app will cost you anywhere between Rs. 5 Lakhs to Rs. 1 crore. It comes with large maintenance expenses. You can get your Mini App starting Rs. 2499 / year!
- Maintenance: Maintaining an app is an additional overhead which a lot of businesses do not consider while building their own app. With a Mini App, businesses can save a lot of time and lakhs every year.
- Customer Inclination: A customer may not like to download individual apps for every business they interact with. However, since your Mini App is in the Goodbox Mega App, you won’t face such a problem.
- Your Icon on Mobile Screen: With a Mini App, you also get your business logo on the mobile screen of your customer. Once your customer adds your Mini App on the Goodbox App, a shortcut of your logo gets added to their home screen. When they click on your logo, it opens your Mini App!
2. How do I decide which plan is right for me?
Depending on your business requirement you can choose a Mini App plan that suits you best. In case you are not satisfied, we promise a 30-days money back guarantee. 1000s of businesses have created their Mini App on Goodbox. We’re sure you’ll love it!
Setting Up My Mini App
Here’s a detailed feature list for the Goodbox Partner App.
1. How can I add / edit my list of products / services?
- You can easily add & edit your product / service list. From your home screen, click on: Manage Mini App › Manage Products / Services.
- You can add new items to the product list, upload an image and put them in appropriate category or remove existing items.
2. How can I change the price of items in my product / service list?
To edit the prices / description / image of an item, please click on Manage Mini App › Manage Products / Services. Here, you can click on the item, choose edit and make pricing changes. It’s that simple!
3. I have a large catalog of products. Is there a bulk upload option?
Yes, you can get a bulk upload of product / service list by mailing your list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this facility is not available during the trial period.
4. How can I update the Service Areas on my own through the Goodbox App?
Go to Manage Mini App › Delivery › Change Delivery Areas and Save Changes.
Accepting Online Payments
- How can I enable Online Payments for my business?
- To enable online payments, you have to upload a very basic set of documents.
- You can submit your details on the app by going here: ‘Manage Mini App’ › ‘Payments’ › ‘Upload Documents’.
2. What is the online payment gateway charge?
- We charge a Transaction Discounting Rate (TDR) for every payment of 1.99% + service tax. These are bank charges for online payments.
3. When will I get money in my bank? What is the settlement period?
- Our settlements happen the very next day — in T+1 days (T stands for the date of the transaction).
- Example: If the transaction took place on 22nd February, money is credited to your account by 23rd February.
- Sundays and Bank Holidays are excluded from the T+1 calculation.
- For example, if a transaction took place on Saturday, settlement will happen on Monday.
4. How can I request for a payment? What is Good Pay?
- The Good Pay feature allows you to send an online payment to any customer! A Payment SMS will be sent to a non-Goodbox user. Goodbox Mega App users will receive the Good Pay request on the app as a notification.
- In order to send the payment request, you will be required to enter the customer’s mobile number (mandatory), payment amount (mandatory) and customer name / address (optional)
- You will be informed as soon as your customer makes the payment.
5. How can I send a receipt to my customers? What is Good Receipt?
- Good Receipt feature allows you to send a digital receipt to your customers for their purchase.
- In order to send a Good Receipt, you will be required to enter the customer’s mobile number (mandatory), payment amount (mandatory) and customer name & address (Optional)
- What are the charges applicable for my Mini App on Goodbox?
- The subscription plans can be viewed here: https://goodboxapp.com/create-mini-app-quick/
- We charge Transaction Discounting Rate (TDR) of 1.99% + Service Tax for every online payment.
2. Will I be charged any commission?
- We don’t charge any commission. Just a fixed price and a competitive online payment charge.
Marketing My Mini App
- Where do my customers download my Mini App from?
- Goodbox helps you create a Mini App which is inside the Goodbox Mega App (Customer App). Customers can interact, place orders and Pay you online using your Mini App on the Goodbox Mega App.
- Your Mini App will NOT be visible on Google PlayStore or iOS App store as it is not an individual app. Your customers have to download the Goodbox Mega App and find your Mini App on Goodbox to access your business. However, once they add your Mini App on Goodbox, your logo gets added to the mobile screen of your customer as a shortcut!
2. How will my customers get to know about my Mini App?
Goodbox has made it extremely easy for you to let your customers know about your Mini App. You can enabled these sharing features through the Goodbox Partner App.
- You can promote your app by inviting your customers to your Mini App by enabling ‘Share Your Mini App’ Feature inside your Goodbox Partner App.
- Under ‘Share Your Mini App’, you can:
› Enable automatic notifications to your calling customers who are already on Goodbox by enabling the ‘Share Mini App via Notification’ feature.
› Send automated SMS to customers who call you by enabling the ‘Share Mini App via SMS’ feature.
› Goodbox can send SMS on your behalf to your calling customers by enabling the ‘Goodbox Send SMS’ feature. This will not cost you any money. Goodbox bears the charges for the SMS.
See here for more tips about how you can market your Mini App better.
3. Will I get new leads for my business on Goodbox?
- Goodbox does not provide leads. Goodbox created Mini Apps to help you cater to your own customers online.
4. How do I share my offers with my customers?
- You list your current offers on your Mini App by writing to email@example.com. On approval, we will enable your offers and share them with your customers. We will soon have a way for you to upload the offers yourself.
5. What Marketing support do I get?
- We can send you branding material to help you inform your in-store customers / clients about your Mini App.
- You can use the Free SMS feature to send a bulk SMS to your contact book.
- We will give you credits to get your existing customers to try your Mini App. This feature is not available for all Mini App plans.
- We will notify your customers about special offers and events.
- Reward Points Program — Retain customers by rewarding them on every transaction at your business.
6. What is the Reward Points Program?
- The Reward Points feature allows you to reward customers so they can keep repeating with you. These Reward Points can only be used at your business.
- In order to enable the Reward Points Program, you can go to the home page of the Goodbox Partner App › Select ‘Share your Mini App’ › Select ‘Launch Reward Points’ › Click on ‘Enable Reward Points Program’ option.
- You can offer Reward Points to customers — which they can redeem in later transactions with your business:
› 10 Reward Points = Rs. 1.
› For example, if you want to offer 1% as Reward points, you will have to enter the earning rate as 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent.
› Similarly, if you want to offer 5% as Reward Points, you have to enter the earning rate as 50 Reward points for every Rs. 100 spent.
We hope these answers help you set up your Mini App and run a successful online business.
Goodbox has always envisioned a world where a direct connect between businesses and consumers can be established. We believe that businesses are in the best position to cater to their customers. All they need is the technology to enable this interaction. That’s where we come in. Good luck with your online journey! :)