5 things I learned from helping our clients to raise more than 100 million dollars in ICO’s
We established GuerrillaBuzz at the beginning of 2018. The main reason for this was that we knew the cryptocurrency world lack high quality content, which affected the reputation of so many ICOs. We worked hard on understanding what makes an ICO successful and fails another one.
We have been lucky enough to work on a few projects since January 2018. So far, we have helped our clients to raise more than 100 million dollars in ICOs. I hope this list will help more ICOs to create high quality marketing campaigns and make our community a better place.
5 things I learned after helping ICOs to raise more than 100 Million $:
- Don’t buy your community- How many times have you gotten into a Telegram channel of an ICO you found and suddenly saw an insane amount of members? In 99% of the cases, the company buys thousands of Telegram members to fake the number.
When I get into a Telegram group with 40k members and none of them is talking in the group, I always feel a bit sad for their CMO. When we speak about the communities, quality is much more important than quantity. It’s better to have a group of 1000 real followers, people who believe in your project, your team, and goals than 40k fake members and bounty hunters that won’t give any value.
2. Talk less about how good your company is and more about what you plan to solve- It’s a problem that many ICOs and even companies that are not from the crypto world are facing. Creating content that only speaks about how awesome your company is and how you are going to create a revolution in an industry is just not good enough. The crypto community is tired of this kind of content. Instead, try to get into the eyes of your potential investors by pondering over:
What value do you bring to the community?
How will you use the money you have raised?
How do you plan to find partners and get listed on exchanges?
Besides buying and selling, what will trigger a usage in your coin?
Be original, Be real, Don’t be greedy, speak to your community with confidence, and you will increase your chances for a successful ICO for sure.
3. Nothing is free in life, and so are your tokens: One of the biggest mistakes ICOs are doing is to give truckloads of tokens as rewards for bounty hunters and tokens worth hundred thousand dollars to service providers. Of course it feels great. You give someone air and get something that worth money, it’s fun playing god, right?
The only thing is that it eventually hurts is YOU.
ICO’s paying so much in tokens that once they get listed on exchanges, many people tend to sell the coins, which might take a few weeks or months until everything gets sold. So basically, when an ICO company does that, they are hurting their investors, followers, and community.
4. Your PR articles are worth nothing if no one sees it: As for someone who visits coin telegraph, Forbes, Inc, and more popular publications, I see a plenty of ICOs that spend thousands of dollars per article only so they can put the logo of the company in their website in the ‘seen at’ section.
I’m not getting into the point whether it’s the right thing to do or not, but I do think that the exposure these articles get is almost nothing. If your company has a PR article where you need to know how to leverage it and get thousands of relevant people to see your content, That’s exactly what we do in GuerrillaBuzz.
5. Focus on the right places- Life of a CMO is not easy, especially, when we are talking about ICOs. There is a lot of pressure to deliver high-quality results in short period of time, with hundreds of competitors in the market.
That’s why, it’s important to use your time in an effective way and promote your ICO on the best platform(s). Due to this, I wrote an article on similar lines which shares the 7 Most Important Social Media Platforms for your ICO.