Most dogs are fine once you get the Calming Cap on, it’s the application that can be scary. To make applying the calming cap fun for your dog, follow these simple instructions.
- Grab your D.I.Y. non-slip Calming Cap.
- Remember, your dog’s muzzle fits through the elastic portion of the Cap.
- Scrunch the Cap so that your dog won’t feel that he is sticking his head into a bottomless pit.
- With food in the other hand, stretch the elastic open as far and as wide as possible.
- Using the food, lure your dog into taking the food with his nose through the elastic. You may have to repeat this step several times before he is comfortable. You are looking for your dog to calmly eat the food, NOT scarf it down and run.
- When your dog is real comfortable eating food in this manner, start pulling the Cap over his head.
- Have plenty of food so that your dog continues to calmly eat while you do this. Be patient! You may have to repeat this step. If he backs out suddenly, go slower.
- Finally, gently pull his ears through the ear holes.
When you’re done, it should look like this!