Welcome to In Fitness And In Health!
Ours is a community dedicated to living happy, healthy lives and inspiring others to do the same. We share stories, anecdotes, tips, tricks, and suggestions on how to do so.
We believe in the power of storytelling. The content that performs best for us comes from firsthand experience in the form of personal lessons, thoughts, ideas, opinions and profound takeaways. We want to provide as much value as possible for the reader.
We’re so excited you’re interested in joining us as an active contributor. As long as your content has a focus on health, fitness or general well-being, we’d be happy to accept it.
Read on for our official submission guidelines.
Please make sure all guidelines are met when considering a piece for submission
- We accept unpublished drafts AND previously published stories! We realize you may have already written a great story you wish to share with the community. Note that the original publication date will still be displayed, regardless of when it’s submitted to In Fitness And In Health.
- We feature a variety of articles at any given time as part of our “Favorites” section at the top of the publication. These articles are hand-picked and curated by the Editors, and are based on quality and relevance. So make sure to put all your energy into your stories for a better chance to be featured! We guarantee that all posts that make it to Favorites will remain prominently displayed for at least two (2) days.
- Submissions must be tagged with at least one of the following: Health, Fitness, Nutrition, Mental Health, or Running. This makes it easier to get discovered in search. In case you need a refresher, here’s how to tag your content when you’re ready to publish. Other tags can be added to your content at your discretion, but one of the above must be included.
- You are able to import stories you’ve written from other sites (not originally on Medium). Follow these instructions for additional clarification.
- Please adhere as closely as possible to Medium’s formatting guidelines.
- Submissions may be edited for content, spelling, grammar, and format. We will never change the overall message of your story. If we have questions, comments, or concerns, we will send you a private note.
- Submissions must be made through Medium. For more information on the process, please read here.
- All submissions must include a featured image with proper attribution. The easiest site to use is Unsplash. Other sites include Pixabay and Pexels.
- Once a story has been published in In Fitness and In Health, we would like it to remain there. There are of course exceptions, but please do not remove a story without prior notice. If you want to remove the piece, please ask first. It’s your work, you may do with it what you wish, but we would like to know the reason behind removing it.
- We review submissions promptly. Please allow up to 24 hours for review. If you have an intended publication date and time, please let us know via email and we will schedule at the time requested. You can also schedule it prior to submitting to In Fitness And In Health.
- Not all submissions may be accepted. If a submission has been rejected, we will ALWAYS add a private note to the story as to why. We encourage you to make the necessary adjustments and resubmit.
- We prefer to receive members-only content because it’s subject to curation and thus has the potential to bring a larger number of visitors to the page. This also helps you earn money for your work!
- If you ever want to leave the publication, feel free. Please let us know why you are leaving, as we are always open to getting better and improving the publication. Feedback is always welcome.
- By becoming a writer you will receive the all-new In Fitness And In Health Newsletter! You can always unsubscribe at any time.
- We may include a link to the Newsletter at the base of all articles published on In Fitness And In Health, under your personal links. We will never remove any personal links.
- Please be respectful. Follow the rules. Encourage thoughtful discussion. Be positive. Disagreement is a part of any community, but please maintain civility and decorum. You can refer to Medium’s Terms of Service should you have any additional questions.
How To Submit Your Official Request To Become A Writer For Us
Please fill out the form below or click here.
Email us here with questions.
Once You’ve Been Accepted As A Writer
Now that you’ve been accepted as a contributor and have a better understanding of what success looks like, it’s time to actually send us some stories!
The next time you finish a draft, just do the following to submit it to us:
- Click the “…” button near the top-right corner of the page
- Select “Add to publication”
- Choose “In Fitness And In Health” from your publications list
- Click “Add draft” to submit your story for review
- Wait for your draft to be reviewed (we’ll either publish your draft or provide feedback within 24 hours. We will ALWAYS provide feedback if a draft is rejected)
Depending on your settings, you should receive an email from Medium once your story is accepted or rejected.
If you focus on the written guidelines above as well as Medium’s, you’ll have a great chance at getting your story published, curated, and noticed.
Last edited: October 6th, 2020