Metadium Token Swap Timeline
We’re thrilled to inform the community that Metadium’s Mainnet will officially launch on February 28, 2019 — four months ahead of schedule!
Our team believes that a real service and product will demonstrate the power of blockchain technology. We released Keepin (with wallet support) to facilitate the token swap.
META token holders are required to swap their current ERC-20 META tokens to our native META coins in a 1:1 ratio as we migrate from the Ethereum blockchain to Metadium Mainnet blockchain.
Listed below is our schedule that contains important information and details of the token swap process.
For META Token Holders
Two recommended ways to secure your tokens and prepare for token swap:
- Download Keepin and deposit your tokens into your Keepin Wallet. Detailed instructions on how to download and deposit tokens are here. Once your tokens are in your Keepin Wallet, they will be automatically swapped to META coins.
- Deposit your tokens on supporting exchanges before token freeze which is scheduled for 11:59:59 AM KST on February 22, 2019.
Make sure to join our Telegram Group to receive the latest updates regarding the token swap.
Current Exchange Listing Partners
We are working with our official partner exchanges to facilitate the token swap. You can deposit your tokens on supporting exchanges before February 22, 2019 for your token swap. Current exchanges supporting the swap (as of February 14, 2019) include:
Please note that the remaining tokens in exchanges can still be traded, and are subject to exchanges’ internal migration schedule and policy. Please check for announcements from the exchanges themselves.
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding the token swap.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I participate as a block producer for Metadium?
Candidates can apply to become an authority (block producer) for Metadium by submitting an application at our Governance dApp website (link to be released soon). However, only institutions that have a direct contract with Metadium will be able to join as an authority during the initial stages of the Mainnet launch. This will ensure secure and reliable network performance early on.
2. What is the deadline of freezing all ERC-20 META tokens?
The expected deadline for token freeze is set at February 22nd, 2019 11:59:59 AM KST.
3. Where else can I store native META?
Currently we are supporting Keepin, Metamask, and officially partnered exchanges.
4. What will happen to the current ERC20 META tokens?
Swapped ERC20 META tokens will be frozen in their allocated addresses on Feb 22, 2019 11:59:59 AM KST. The same amount of META coin will be created on the same address in Metadium Mainnet on Feb 28, 2019.
5. Which wallets can I use with META Protocol’s Mainnet?
You can use our official Keepin Wallet. Regarding any other wallets, details will be announced once confirmed.
6. What is the purpose of transferring tokens to Metadium’s wallet?
Transferring META tokens to the Metadium wallet is in preparation of our Mainnet launch and token swap.
7. What security or functional benefits will apply to the wallet transfer?
With the integration of Meta ID, users will be able to use their META coins to power the identity infrastructure. You’ll be able to access the network using META coins and also use other identity-related features and services utilizing Meta ID.
8. When will the token economy paper and tech paper be released?
The token economy paper can be found here. Tech paper will be released after the mainnet launch.
9. If I decline, will I still be able to hold META on my own personal wallet?
Unmoved ERC-20 tokens will still remain in your personal wallet, but you cannot move your tokens after Feb 22, 2019 11:59:59 AM KST. The ERC-20 token value will be zero after mainnet launch. However, if you hold your Ethereum private key, you can import it to a Keepin Wallet and retrieve your META coins after the Mainnet launch.
10. With the launch of the Mainnet, will the current token swap to a new token or will it be the same tokens from the smart contract?
ERC-20 tokens will be swapped to the native META coin (not another token) on February 22nd, 2019, and the Mainnet will be available on Feb 28, 2019.
11. Will there be a lock-up period after switching over to the new wallet?
Yes! There will be a lock-up period from February 22nd, 2019 to February 28th, 2019. The META coin will be available on Feb 28, 2019 after the Mainnet launch.
12. How do we go about switching over to the new Metadium wallet?
The step-by-step guide is available here. Please follow us on our other community platforms for any updates.
13. Is the new wallet available on iOS and Android?
Yes, we support both iOS and Android.
14. Will the Metadium wallet be able to store any other coins or tokens?
As of now, it will only be able to store META coins. Stay tuned for more updates.
15. Who can I contact for support or questions?
Feel free to contact any admin with @LDA_ in their telegram username or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. What are the procedures for withdrawals and deposits?
You can download the Metadium Keepin App (with wallet support) from your respective app store. It will support only deposit of ERC-20 till February 22nd, 2019.
17. With all the wallet hackings that have been going on, what has Metadium done to secure and protect the wallet?
We are working with several top-tier security audit specialists to ensure top-notch security of the wallet. They include Seworks and Certik.
18. With the wallet transfer, is it no longer possible to store META tokens on MEW/Metamask?
It will be possible to still store META tokens on MEW/Metamask but you cannot move ERC-20 tokens after the freeze (February 22nd, 2019 11:59:59 AM KST). It will be safer to transfer META token over to the Keepin Wallet prior to the freeze.
19. How would I transfer ERC-20 META tokens to the new wallet?
You can use new address in the Keepin Wallet as a destination address to move your ERC-20 META tokens.
20. Where can I follow the development progress leading up to the mainnet launch?
21. Will META tokens launch on any additional exchanges in tandem with the mainnet launch?
We’ve submitted and completed application submissions for top tier exchanges in Korea. More details will be release once available.
Metadium is an identity platform built on a public blockchain. Metadium is creating a free world through Self-Sovereign Identity, returning ownership of data to people and facilitating a secure and seamless connection between service providers and individuals all around the world. Metadium protects privacy and provides brings and transparency back to individuals.