I want to let you know about some changes to mokens.
The purpose of the mokens project is to create and trade valuable mokens. All changes that have been made have been done to support that purpose.
- The term ‘era’, which is a set of mokens created during a time period has been renamed to ‘collection’. The reason for this is because I see in the future the possibility of having multiple collections open at the same time. Whereas there can only be one era at a time.
- Moderation functionality has been released on mokens.io. The reason for this is that there have been many low value mokens created and mokens that violate copyright or trademarks that had to be changed. Moderation ensures that high quality, valuable mokens that are legit are created. I recently wrote a blog post that talks about some things that give a moken value. The blog post is here: https://medium.com/mokens/what-mokens-did-and-how-it-suddenly-changed-1db34c765c66
- I recently wrote a New Collection Proposal that proposes that the current #CryptoWinter collection close on 31 March 2018 and that the new ‘Believe’ collection opens on 1 April 2018. When a collection ends it means that no more mokens of that collection will be created. The new proposal increases the mint price to 0.4 ETH. I am interested in your feedback. The proposal is here: https://github.com/Mokens/MIPs/issues/8
- It is now possible to ‘upgrade’ a moken by changing the image, description and tags of a moken in order to improve a moken. This is currently done by emailing a request to email@example.com.
- It is now possible to change the name of a moken to change what it is about. This is a way to convert an existing low value moken into a high value moken. Only the owner of a moken can change it. To do this send an email with information about what moken you want to change to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s make and buy and sell valuable mokens.