Run for Mozilla Rep Council - Again
I’m telling you why
I’m Irvin. Last April, I had [shared my idea about how Mozilla Rep program can become](https://medium.com/mozilla-related/vote-for-irvin-to-rep-council-ccdef99c28d1), when I ran for the council election, and been selected as one of the Council member with your support.
After one year’s Council member period, I would like to conclude what had I done, and re-check what I was think in this article.
In my last year’s Council period, I had…
- Try clarify the documents that what did Rep program had provide to mentors (failed however),
- Follow up with Rep who had no effected NDA status or Mozillian profile (which I had talk to 55 reps, update 37 of them back to program),
- Check with inactive rep, re-active or graduate them to Alumni (30 out of 54 Rep had graduated, I had also build a certificate auto-generating tools and SOP to faster the procedure)
What I’m currently doing…
- Check with in-active reps who has no filed any report longer than 12 months (this should be a seasonal procedure. I’m still working on a SOP to faster and regular it’s work)
- Running “Mozillian of Month” recognize experiment, that I hope that will help more volunteer to be visible (whether they are Rep or not)
You can follow the progress of all those things I had work on GitHub — https://github.com/mozilla/Reps/issues?q=assignee%3Airvin
In my last year’s article, I said
We can fix the problem, by making Rep not only Representative of Mozilla, but also the representative of Mozillians.
And I think
We can become the bridge between the volunteers and paid-staff. We can help volunteers to be heard and understood.
Hi Mozillians, You may know "Rep of the Month," a monthly event to recognize the active and inspiring Reps for their…discourse.mozilla.org
You can read more about my thought on Rep program in nominator Q&A,
I had not done yet. I believe I can push a bit further forward. But now,
I need your support, to help me continue my work.
Please vote for me again in the next Rep Council elections, start from April 8 to April 15.