The NapoleonX’s platform is aimed at everyone interested in finance, blockchain and crypto-assets.
The platform provides you with a wide range of services and tools — all of them accessible from one single interface:
• Trading signals for a dozen traditional assets and crypto-assets;
• Performance monitoring of NapoleonX’ strategies and decentralized investment vehicles (DAFs);
• Market data for the assets on which our strategies are active;
• A curated newsfeed updated daily, 6 days a week;
• In-depth articles on quantitative finance, blockchain and cryptocurrencies;
• A tutorial section dedicated to learning in the fields of finance and cryptocurrencies, aimed at both novices and experienced users.
ACCESS TO PLATFORM FEATURES
Some sections of the platform are in open-access (public), while others are restricted to users who have created an account or who own NPX tokens. We identify these sections as follows:
• [P] Public access, no user account required;
• [R] Available to registered users;
• [N] Available to NPX token holders.
A. NPX token Portfolio [R, N]
On the left, your portfolio displays:
• the number of NPX tokens you own;
• their current market value in ETH (updated daily at market close);
• the change in the value of the token vs ETH on a given period.
Read our tutorial to learn how to associate your NPX (ETH) address with your account.
B. DAF token earned [R, N]
On the right, you see the total income from the performance of investment funds (DAFs), denominated in ETH, and details of your earnings over 1 month, 3 months and 1 year. Your earnings can come either from holding NPX tokens (and benefiting from the associated performance fees paid by our Decentralized Autonomous Funds), or directly from holding shares in the DAFs. (This feature won’t be available until the first DAFs are launched at Q4 2018 — what you see on the platform now is fake data, for illustrative purposes only).
C. Token list [R, N]
List of DAFs tokens, underlying, quantity, unit value and total value in ETH within each DAF. (Not available yet, for illustrative purposes only.)
D. Details [N]
DAF Token Overview
On the left: DAFs’ token performance details (token value in ETH and Net Asset Value) over 1 month, 3 months and 1 year.
On the right: Detail of the DAF tokens distribution on a monthly basis.
(Not available yet, for illustrative purposes only.)
On the left: Sum of assets under management in ETH.
On the right: the global distribution of tokens by the DAF on a monthly basis.
(Not available yet, for illustrative purposes only).
2. TRADING SIGNALS [N]
If you have registered on the platform but do not own NPX tokens (or didn’t associate it with your account) yet, you will be able to see the performance of our strategies but you won’t have access to the trading signals.
• Current value: current value of the strategy with an index base 100 at inception.
• Underlying: the financial instrument on which the strategy is based.
• Perf 12m: strategy’s performance mesured over the past 12 months.
1. Level of speed
If you own NPX tokens and have associated it with your account, you will have access to our trading signals at three speed levels, depending on the number of tokens you own:
• up to 999 NPX (Silver account): get signals 30 min after market close;
• from 1,000 to 9,999 NPX (Gold account): get signals 15 min after market close;
• 10,000 NPX and more (Platinum account): get trading signals 15 min prior to market close, with a refresh less than one minute after market close.
We provide trading signals for both traditional and crypto-assets. NPX token holders enjoy access to the signals generated by our first 10 strategies:
• EPRA (Real Estate, Europe)
• Oil & Gas Europe
• S&P500 (Stocks, US)
• Eurostoxx50 (Stocks, Europe)
• FTSE100 (Stocks, UK)
• NKY225 (Stocks, Japan)
• HSI (Stocks, Hong-Kong)
• MXEF (Stocks, Emerging markets)
We have also introduced two new crypto strategies in May. They are made available to all our NPX holders with no minimum threshold, until first DAFs are launched:
3. Using the signals
The signals are given in the form “long”, “short” or “neutral” (except for ETH/USD and BTC/USD strategies; see below).
• Long (represented by a green bar) means that our algorithm anticipates an upward trend in the price of the underlying (an increase in price is expected). It’s a buy signal.
• Short (orange bar) means that the strategy foresees a downward trend in the price of the underlying (a fall in price is expected). It’s a sell signal.
• Neutral (blue bar) means that no trend (bullish or bearish) could be determined regarding the underlying. If a long or short position was already open, this can be considered a “soft sell” signal. If no position was open, it indicates that it’s preferable not to open a new position at this time.
ETH/USD and BTC/USD models are specific and operate with 2 modes only: neutral or long. We have backtested these strategies with shorts and it destroys value over the long term. Neutral should therefore be considered as a strong sell signal for these two strategies.
We do not provide price targets with our signals or a time frame for the trade — it’s all market driven — , and we do not provide APIs or any other mean to automate the use of the signals.
4. Update time and frequency
Market opening and closing hours are available here (third-party website, we assume no liability). Crypto markets being open 24/7, closing time is set at 00:00 (12:00am) UTC for our BTC and ETH strategies.
Signals are updated once a day at market close (note that this doesn’t mean that the strategy’s position is necessarily modified). We are using your browser/computer time zone to adjust the timing for the signals, so that it always corresponds to your actual time zone.
Time of the next signal is indicated in two ways:
• Over two hours before the signal is made available, the (absolute) date and time at which the signal will be broadcast is shown and the corresponding section reads “Next signal”;
• Within two hours before the signal is made available, date and time are replaced by a countdown and the website reads “Next signal in”.
Our BTC/USD and ETH/USD strategies are also available on the Enigma Data Marketplace. They are identical to those listed on the platform, but signals are delivered with a longer delay — they are first broadcast to our Platinum, Gold and Silver members before being sent to Enigma.
Read more about our Trading signals on Reddit.
The signals generated by our strategies are for guidance only: they are intended as information flags, not action commands. We do not guarantee their accuracy, efficiency, performance or any other characteristic. A signal may very well prove inadequate, i.e. the market will not necessarily move in the direction identified by the strategy.
The average performance delivered by a low-frequency strategy is measured over the long term (around 6–12 months and more) and the fact that it is positive does not mean that all trades it has initiated have been, or will be, systematically beneficial. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
Given our strategies are low-frequency, executing your order a few hours after the signal has been updated should not fundamentally impact your medium or long-term performance. However, markets’ inherent volatility may always lead to short-term spreads between our strategy and your own execution.
1. STRAT LIBRARY
A. Strategie Overview [P, R, N]
List of our strategies including:
• Strategy Name
• Strategy Provider
• Asset Class: Crypto-asset, Equity, or Commodity.
• Underlying: the financial underlying on which the strategy operates
• Category: Absolute Return or Market Timing. As of today, all our absolute return strategies operate on traditional markets whereas our market timing strategies work only on crypto-assets (BTC and ETH).
• 12m performance: strategy’s performance mesured over the past 12 months.
B. Strategie details [R, N]
Performance graph of the strategy on 1m, 3m and 12m.
Monthly perf distribution (graph): distribution of monthly performance spread by performance intervals.
Monthly perf distribution (spreadsheet): detail of the strategy’s monthly performances.
2. SUBMIT A STRAT [P, R, N]
This section is aimed at strategy providers.
NapoleonX has developed the first Index Publisher based on the blockchain dedicated to low-frequency quantitative trading strategies.
We have designed a trustless process enabling any strategy provider to publish his strategies without disclosing any line of code: pre-selection is only based on the analysis of outputs to ensure a maximal secrecy.
We offer a set of selected strategy providers with:
• Free publication of their low-frequency strategies;
• Capital allocation for best-in-class strategies, subject to a confidentiality and commercial agreement.
Read more about the submission process here.
1. BUSINESS NEWS [P, R, N]
A selection of the most significant news on crypto and finance. We collect news from the most reliable sources (Investing.com, Bloomberg, CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph, CCN, NewsBTC, Cryptovest, Hacked.com, Investopedia, etc.) to select only the most significant. Updated daily, 6 days a week.
2. MARKET DATA [P, R, N]
Access market data of our strategies’ underlyings, directly from the platform.
V. NPX ACADEMY
NPX Academy is a community space dedicated to learning in the fields of quantitative finance and crypto-assets. You will find in-depth articles and tutorials selected and/or written by the team, but it is also a collaborative knowledge base to which you can contribute.
The scope is wide-ranging: you can propose historical and prospective studies, theoretical and empirical, with a focus on traditional financial markets (equities, stocks, commodities, sector…) as well as crypto-assets, on topics ranging from quantitative finance and trading to technologic and legal aspects.
We will highlight the best contributions on the platform and on our social networks, and we may even reward some of them!
1. IN-DEPTH [P, R, N]
In-depth articles on quantitative finance, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain.
2. TUTORIALS [R, N]
A space dedicated to learning through a selection of tutorials on quantitative finance and crypto-assets. Coming soon!
3. EVENTS [P, R, N]
A list of events that NapoleonX organizes or in which we participate.
Manage your profile informations, and associate or remove NPX address(es) with/from your account.
We are committed to a continuous process of enhancing our functionality and improving the user experience, so don’t forget to check regularly our social networks for updates — be it on Medium, Twitter, Reddit or LinkedIn — and to leave us your comments there.
Join also our Telegram room to chat with us!