Update: It’s now January of 2020 — so it’s been 3 years — and I’ve still not received the shirt nor a refund :(
NOTE: This is the SHORTER/CONDENSED version.
For the FULL/LONG VERSION, Click Here.
- Item ordered: Jan. 22, 2017
- Shipping Confirmation: Jan. 24, 2017
- Item Still “In Transit” as of FEBRUARY — 2018!
(And seller turned out to be a SERIAL SCAMMER!)
DETAILS, SCREENSHOTS, and RESTITUTION REQUEST
- I contacted Amazon in late February, 2017. I was instructed to contact the seller. So I did:
- I decided to cut her some slack and “wait patiently” as she requested.
- I emailed again on May 10th. (No Response) And again on Sept. 22nd:
- I found the link for “Help with order” — Good first step?
- I clicked “Package didn’t arrive”… (Everybody cool with that so far?)
- Nice that it consistently said “Expected by Feb 9” (even on New Years Eve!)
- Several times in 2017, I clicked “Still can’t find it” — which repeatedly brought me to:
[Spoiler Alert: I tried BOTH. Multiple times. No response.]
This was apparently NOT just an honest mistake by a legit entrepreneurial seller who deserved my understanding and compassion…
I got SCAMMED by a devious CYBER-CRIMINAL MASTERMIND!!!
Hey, Amazon… my friend… Hypothetical question: How long do you let a seller like “Makayla” stay on your platform?? And, if/when you determine you have a scammer seller, do you ever notify people like me who are patiently waiting for deliveries? (Just curious)
So, Amazon, my dear friend…
It was $17.77, paid in January of 2017.
For reasons elaborated on in the longer version of this letter (#BitCoin) this is my official request to ask you to rectify the $ituation with a one-time restitution payment of $269.69.*
*And if you want to throw in an extra $12,000 (for pain and suffering? or just to thank me for bringing this to your attention?), I publicly promise to use 100% of what you give me to fund RandomJobsOfKindness.com, to spread kindness and compassion and make the world a better place (where people are less likely to scam one another!)
[Or, if you prefer, we could settle this with an old fashioned DUEL, at high noon, on the dusty road in the center of town.]
I look forward to your response!
Jeff G. — (Jeff@OpenLetterExperiment.com)