This is an update to my previous blog on the same topic.
Not just the latest release, all supported releases of the Oracle JDBC drivers including 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 are now available on Maven Central. From now on, Maven Central becomes indeed a distribution center for the Oracle JDBC drivers and companion jars.
New Group Ids
Beyond the JDBC drivers, we want to consolidate all Oracle database artifacts on Maven Central under the same umbrella com.oracle.database. The artifacts have been dispatched under their specific focus i.e., JDBC, XML, security, high-availability (ha), NLS, observability, SODA (coming soon), AQJMS (coming soon) and so on.
Clearly stated, here is a description of the new group ids of the JDBC drivers and companion jars:
- com.oracle.database.jdbc for the jdbc jars (all versions combined): ojdbc8.jar, ojdbc10.jar, ojdbc6.jar, ojdbc5,jar, ucp.jar, ojdbc10dms.jar, ojdbc8dms.jar, ojdbc6dms.jar, ojdbcd5dms.jar
Note: ojdbc8dms.jar and ojdbc10dms.jar contain the instrumentation to support the Dynamic Monitoring System (DMS) and limited support for java.util.logging.
- com.oracle.database.jdbc.debug for the debug jars (all versions combined): ojdbc10_g.jar, ojdbc8_g.jar, ojdbc5_g.jar, ojdbc6_g.jar, ojdbc10dms_g.jar, ojdbc8dms_g.jar, ojdbc6dms_g.jar, ojdbc5dms_g.jar
- com.oracle.database.security for the security jars: osdt_core.jar, osdt_cert.jar, oraclepki.jar
- com.oracle.database.ha for ons.jar and simplefan.jar
- com.oracle.database.nls for orai18n.jar
- com.oracle.database.xml for xdb.jar, xdb6.jar, and xmlparserv2.jar
Note: xdb6.jar is a legacy name, xdb.jar is the new name.
- com.oracle.database.observability for the dms.jar.
We’ve kept in place the 22.214.171.124 artifacts published under the com.oracle.ojdbc groupid; so not breaking existing scripts.
Dependencies and GAVs
In spite of the re-dispatching, the default dependencies between the artifacts as indicated in the previous blog remain the same. Iow, the following GAV will pull ojdbc10.jar, ucp.jar, oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar, osdt_cert.jar, ons.jar, and simplefan.jar from the 126.96.36.199 release
The following GAV will pull orai18n.jar from the 188.8.131.52 release
The following GAV will pull ojdbc8_g.jar, ojdbc8dms.jar, ojdbc8dms_g.jar, and dms.jar from the 184.108.40.206 release
Pulling ojdbc8.jar, its dependencies and companion jars from the 220.127.116.11 release.
Watch this space
As we introduce new capabilities into the drivers and companion jars, we will be announcing these through @kmensah