Aion: The Aion Foundation 2nd Report for year-end 2018, Aion ecosystem continues to grow, more events announced
Biweekly update 30th January — 13th February
This is not financial advice.
During the last two weeks, The Aion Foundation published the Aion Foundation Report Year End 2018. This report serves the purpose of providing insight into the internal operations, metrics, and strategies of the Aion Foundation so it continues to set a new standard of accountability with a focus on long-term impact. As for upcoming events, Matt Spoke announced as a speaker at TOKEN2049 in Hong Kong. He is also named as a speaker at the 2019 SingularityU Canada Summit, he will be hosting SingularityU Canada webinar at the end of the month. Aion Rebuild Conference, the second incarnation of the Aionex conference is coming in April, there will be more announcements to come on this. Mike Mason (Aion Ecosystem Development) continues to answer community questions at the end of each week on Weekly Community AMA on official Aion subreddit. Aion ecosystem continues to grow, Aion Connect is live, there are a lot of projects build on Aion. However, there is also a slight decrease in the number of token-holders. And as for social media dynamics — there is a decrease in the number of subscribers of Aion Telegram chats and subreddits.
- The Aion Foundation publishes its 2nd Report for year-end 2018:
The Aion Foundation continues to set a new standard of accountability with a focus on long-term impact. To that end, the Aion Foundation is proud to continue publishing the Aion Foundation Report Year End 2018. These reports will serve the purpose of providing insight into the internal operations, metrics, and strategies of the Aion Foundation.
- The team launched a test-net for the AVM that allows you to write and deploy java smart contracts. Why they went this route and why they think it’s a better approach than WASM was explored by team members.
- A second build of the Aion Kernel to supplement Aion Java implementation was released by Shanghai team (Chaion).
- Jeff Disher at Decentralized Summit 2019 (streaming video link) January 29th-30th, 2019:
Jeff Disher is the engineering team lead at AION — a powerful platform for building decentralized apps. A former Google and IBM software engineer, Jeff brings more than a decade of software engineering experience to the table. He has a bachelor of Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Waterloo.
- Aion Community Workshop: Create your first Dapp on Aion! (Beginner Friendly) — February 12th, 2019 at Aion HQ in Toronto.
- Matt Spoke hosting SingularityU Canada webinar February 25th, 2019 12:30 PM EST: Blockchains and their Impact on Social Governance.
- Matt Spoke announced as speaker at TOKEN2049 in Hong Kong, 13th-14th March 2019.
- MattSpoke is one of the speakers at the 2019 SingularityU Canada Summit 23rd-24th April 2019 — Edmonton Convention Centre, Edmonton.
- Aion Rebuild Conference, April 23rd-24th, 2019: the second incarnation of the Aionex conference is coming, there will be more announcements to come on this.
Weekly Community AMA — February 8th, 2019: Mike Mason (Aion Ecosystem Development) answers community questions here at the end of each week.
- If you missed the token swap deadline, there will be a process for facilitating individual swaps in the new year. Stay tuned and in the meantime get into the support queue.
Right on target (Phase 1: Kilimanjaro 2018 Complete).
Phase 2: Denali
- Aion Virtual Machine (AVM) Version 1
This AVM is a custom-built, lightweight, performant, and stable VM that leverages key characteristics of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), providing concurrency and robustness within a blockchain-specific context. The AVM is responsible for running applications on top of Aion. The AVM will include its own scripting language.
- Aion Scripting Language
The Aion scripting language is used for writing chain logic that runs on Aion-Everest and potentially any connecting/participating network. The Aion language is compiled into AVM bytecode and executed by the AVM. The Aion language provides the following features: Defensive programming, Blockchain runtime environment, Blockchain context injection, Security.
- Proof-of-Intelligence Consensus Algorithm
An economic measure to deter denial of service attacks by requiring participants, solvers in Aion-Everest, to perform artificial intelligence (AI) computation. The intent is to motivate the creation of AI-specific or specialized hardware that could be used for machine learning and neural network training in the future.
Phase 3: Everest 2019
- Participating Network Bridging
The generic bridge protocol is designed to enable the atomic movement of value and data between heterogeneous networks. This will enable the development of cross-blockchain contract logic and free-floating token supplies.
- Complete Validator Nomination
The Hybrid DPoS / PoI consensus mechanism aims to achieve high performance while providing a fair and decentralized validator set. This is achieved through a token staking system and partly through a novel verification algorithm based on concepts used in modern neural networks called Proof-of- Intelligence.
- Aion Virtual Machine (AVM) Version 2
Partnerships and team members
Aion app is now available again on the Ledger Live manager — firmware 1.5.5 included.
BlockX Labs — Why we’re building tooling for Aion: video. BlockX Labs was recently at Aion Engage and discussed working on tools for developers at the application layer.
AION demo on Plazus — Aion social media rewards program coming from Plazus.com.
PocketID — “Facebook login” for mobile dApps on Aion.
GitHub — aionick/OfflineTransactionSigner: A tool for signing an Aion transaction offline.
Create an Aion dApp — Pet Roulette tutorial by Kimberly Luu.
Quadriga’s Conundrum: An Analysis — BlockX Labs — Medium (how to protect your keys on any blockchain).
Decentralizing Blockchain Infrastructure Solutions — Pocket Network provides infrastructure and SDKs for Aion development.
Projects Building on Aion:
• Velocia (velocia.io)
• VeriTransfer (veritransfer.io)
• RisePic (risepic.com)
• SPRXS (sprxs.io)
• Agora (beta.agora.theoproject.io)
• THÉO (theoproject.io)
• Spiro (centrys.io/enterprise)
• Vault Wallet (vaultwallet.io)
• Cranberry (Aionconnect.com)
• MatrixOne (mat.one)
• Titan Suite (titan-suite.com)
• ForTheRecord (aion-for-the-record.herokuapp.com)
• Get Aiwa wallet & DApp interaction tool for Aion: (getaiwa.com)
- Matthew Spoke @MattSpoke (on February 3, 2019):
- @Aion_Network on Chamber of Digital Commerce Unites with Blockchain Association of Canada to Jointly Expand Advocacy Mission article (February 5th, 2019):
- @Aion_Network on Why no one really quits Google or Facebook article: “Facebook and Google had abused Apple enterprise developer certificates in order to distribute info-scraping research apps, at times from underage users in the case of Facebook.” (February 4th, 2019).
- Fundamental Analysis Cryptocurrency Ranking by Unicorn Watch (January 2019):
- SignKeys @sign_keys (on January 31st, 2019):
Active Reddit discussions:
Social media metrics
The community is quite active discussing latest news, development, mining, token price and possible partnerships.
New r/AIONgineering Reddit: 37 members on 12th February 2019.
Twitter — Average number of retweets is 15–30 for one post. The number of followers has increased by 5 thousand over the last week.
Facebook — 10–15 likes per publication.
Reddit — threads with 2–10 comments.
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Aion Reddit subscribers, Twitter followers and Facebook likes. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.
Aion forum — discussions on mining, news, network statistics etc.
- Missing coins to my wallet
- Aion Bridge Stats
- Aion bridge user experience
- Any way to suppress “WARN P2P [p2p-tcp]: tcp-connect-peer pass max-active-nodes”?
- 亚洲 Aion 采矿服务器 — Glorypool.io
- SmartMiner EOL, Author call switching to EWBF miner.
- Aion network statistics.
- Aion Beta Testnet Rewards.
- Aion Token Bridge — Alpha Version Megathread.
- How to — build CUDA-based aionminer on Ubuntu 16.04.
Discord — active discussions on the latest updates and mining.
Global Social Channels:
- Korea — open.kakao.com/o/gmQFNeF
- Russia — @AionNetworkRU
- Poland — @Aion_Poland
- Spanish — @AionNetworkES
- Kenya — @AionKenya
- Netherlands/Belgium — @AionBenelux