How to create a cryptocurrency wallet?
In this tutorial we will show how to create a cryptocurrency wallet for your PBL and/or BOOK tokens.
There are several ways to create a new wallet and join the crypto community — in this tutorial we are demonstating how to create an Ethereum wallet using there different methods:
Creating a new wallet using MyEtherWallet
Creating a new wallet using Publica’s e-reader-wallet app
Creating a new wallet by installing MetaMask extension for browser
You can choose any method you want, you will get a wallet address that can be used and accessed via
Follow this simple step-by-step guide and create your own cryptocurrency wallet in just a couple of minutes!
Option 1: How to create a wallet using MyEtherWallet?
- Open https://www.myetherwallet.com/
- Enter a strong but easy to remember password for your new wallet and click Create New Wallet.
3. Download and save your keystore file. Make sure the keystore file is stored in a safe place.
4. When ready, click “I understand. Continue” to proceed.
5. You will see your wallet’s private key. Save the Private Key.
Print your paper wallet backup and/or carefully hand-write the private key on a piece of paper.
6. Click Save your address.
7. Unlock your wallet that you just created using your private key or the keystore/utc file you just downloaded.
8. Save your address to a text document.
It is also recommended to open the Etherscan link and bookmark the address, so that you will always be able to easily find your wallet address when needed.
That’s it! Now you can use your newly created cryptocurrency wallet and import it to your Publica e-reader app.
Option 2: How to create a new wallet address using Publica’s app?
You can create a new wallet after installing Publica’s e-reader app.
In order to create a new wallet using Publica’s app:
- Download Publica’s e-reader app on Google Play Store or App Store and install it on your device.
- Open Publica app, then open the “Wallet” section.
3. Click Create wallet
4. Proceed by clicking the Backup Wallet button.
5. Create and enter a strong but easy to remember password.
Although it is possible to skip this step, we highly recommend you secure your account by creating a password.
6. Click Continue to proceed.
7. You will see a private key QR code, private key, mnemonic phrase and your public address. Make sure to save this information since it is the only way how to access your wallet.
In case of losing your private key, you will no longer be able to access your funds stored in the wallet. Never share your private key, private key QR code or mnemonic phrase with anyone!
You will be able to access this information anytime you want by clicking Settings -> Backup Wallet, however, we highly recommend to backup your wallet information immediately after creating a new wallet address.
8. Click Continue.
9. Congratulations! You have successfully created a new wallet address. You will be able to see your public address (your wallet address), as well as token balances in real time in the Wallet section.
That was easy, isn’t it?
Another way is to create a wallet using on of the services available online, for example MyEtherWallet.
Option 3: How to create a cryptocurrency wallet using MetaMask?
You can create a new Ethereum wallet by installing MetaMask, a free browser extension that allows web applications to interact with the blockchain.
Find the step-by-step instructions in our complete guide to MetaMask.
If you are using MyEtherWallet, please read this article to learn more about how to protect your wallet.
We also recommend to install a browser extension, such as Cryptonite (available for Chrome and Firefox) for additional security. After the installation, a small black shield will be added to your browser toolbar. Every time you will visit a crypto-related website that has been verified, the shield will turn from black to green to indicate that a website is safe.
Publica.com is the first publishing platform to use blockchain technology to innovate how books are funded, distributed, bought, and read.
And also don’t forget to follow us on social media!
Official Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/publicaio